BS Guide Bearings

steve ramsey

I need to change the bearings on my Rikon 10-325. I'm seeing a toolless replacement for the whole guide system and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the replacement setup. My only complain about the saw is adjusting the bearings after a blade change.

I have the 345 and have given thought to upgrading the bearings so I am interested in what you decide to do and what your opinion is of them.

I upgraded the guide system on my 10-325 when they first came out. The difference in the ease of adjusting the bearings is night and day. The new system is tool less and well worth the cost IMO. Like you, I hated the difficulty in readjusting the bearings whenever I changed blades. With the new system it's painless and can be accomplished very quickly. I don't think you will be disappointed if you take the plunge and go for the upgrade.

Installed the replacement guide system this morning. Operation was not too bad, took about 2 hrs including blade change and bearing adjustment. Bearings are larger and much easier to adjust but still a pain. Lower ones are defiantly easier to access. The bearings are pushed into place and then locked down while being held in place. I was hoping for a threaded adjustment for moving the bearing.

Couple of observations: If you have a newer model saw with a slotted hole in the frame for the lower bearing adjustment block, the lower wheel does not need to be removed. I found the lower bearing installation easier with the table removed which the directions do not address. I think this would also make elongating the hole in the frame of older models easier also instead of removing the wheel and drilling from below.