bust'en buttons

My LOML and I are the proud grandparents of a baby girl. My daughter delivered a beautiful little girl yesterday after 21 hours in labor. Everybody is doing well. Our sil was wanting a boy to share his love of hunting and fishing, but minute after he took ahold of his daughter that went away and he is one proud papa. LOML will be going back up there for a few days so the cooking on the home front will suffer some.

Congratulations Rex and family. Hey, tell that son in law, girls can hunt too! My youngest is a very successful hunter, my other daughter and wife are also excellent shots and we as a family enjoyed shooting thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo.

"My daughter delivered a beautiful little girl yesterday after 21 hours in labor."

A million years ago there was a joke going around.

Q "Who is the worst doctor ever?
A "Franklin D. Roosevelt. He had Madame Perkins on Labor for six years."

I hope that makes 21 hours feel a tiny bit better. Congratulations to mom and dad. The same to grandparents also. Enjoy her!

Enjoy,

JimB

Congrats Grandpa Rex. Well now you best get moving on a cot / crib/cradle or whatever you call it. You aint got much time:)
Enjoy i guess one delight now is the fun of enjoying grandchildren but knowing you hand em back after a few hours and someone else stays up at night and changes dipers. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hey rex i am not gonna feel sorry for you ,, i have seen the restaurant not far away and i am pretty sure your better half will have you set up.. congrats and i agree some gals are good hunters and fisherwomans:)

Congratulations. Having a baby is good news for the family and all the relatives. It is also good news that balances out the other things we have to deal with in life. Enjoy being grandparents!

Thank you all. Yes you know where I will be hanging out this weekend. In the shop working on the bed. As far as the vittles next week, I will still have exchange daughter here and she likes to cook. It is different but tasty. Also tends to be spicey. She went with us tuesday afternoon after begging to go. We had told her that the wait could be boring, but she still wanted to go. She never uttered a word about being bored. We even have a few pics of her and her new niece.