But Mom, it followed me home.

Don Baer

Staff member
So after some mentioned Rattle Snakes on my thread about gong off road I decided I need to get some snake rounds and a spare clip for the 9 mm.

20210226_142806.jpg

I went to my favorite toy store to pick them up and look went followed me out the door and to my house.

20210226_143049.jpg

It's a Thompson Centerfire (Say Smith and Wesson) .308. I is used but in like new shape and it even has the mounts for a scope. Now I just need to order a scope for it. The area I am looking to buy land lies in one of the most productive areas of the state for game including Mule deer and white tail as well as bears, elk and various other critters.

So after some mentioned Rattle Snakes on my thread about gong off road I decided I need to get some snake rounds and a spare clip for the 9 mm.

View attachment 115200

I went to my favorite toy store to pick them up and look went followed me out the door and to my house.

View attachment 115201

It's a Thompson Centerfire (Say Smith and Wesson) .308. I is used but in like new shape and it even has the mounts for a scope. Now I just need to order a scope for it. The area I am looking to buy land lies in one of the most productive areas of the state for game including Mule deer and white tail as well as bears, elk and various other critters.
Nice! Very Nice!

Nice! Those snake rounds will make it a lot easier to be effective with a pistol.

...The area I am looking to buy land lies in one of the most productive areas of the state for game including Mule deer and white tail as well as bears, elk and various other critters.
White Mountains?

And since somebody has to do it... :D
cd2c694c18d720a641673227829b213d.jpg

i am looking in the general area around St. Johns. i found 115 acres that is borderd on two sides by state trust land. i am planing on going up next week and see what kind of a deal i can make.
Very cool. I loved the times I worked in the White Mountains. I was mostly bouncing in the area from Show Low to Greer, Hon-Dah (now I guess they call it Indian Pine) to Whiteriver. Lots of pretty country in those parts. :thumb:

Like the song says, "the difference between men and boys is the size of their feet and the price of their toys" and I wear an 11 EE shoe...lol
A few more item made their way past the front door.
First I put a 6-24x50 scope on the 308
20210301_093409.jpg
Then I picked up a range finder it will give me yardage out to 750 yards
20210301_093443.jpg
Now my 12 gage was a little jealous so I got her a 1 power laser scope just put the dot on the target and pull the trigger.
20210302_160215.jpg
Now in order to see what I am hitting I got a 20-60 spotter scope.
20210302_160123.jpg
and now because 308 ammo is kinda pricy I picked up this .22 Winchester mag bolt action varmint riffle. so now I can get those pesty tree rats from 100-200 yards out.
20210302_160255.jpg
I have a scope for the varmint rifle on the way as well as a laser bore sight so I don't have to burn through a whole lot of ammo getting these guys dialed in.... Oh and I also have a bench steady rest coming too. I believe that I have used up this week budget.

Cool stuff, Don! :thumb: That .22 Mag will be a lot better for the tree rats than your new 9mm.

I see your cleaning kit in the background, too. I have the standard issue cleaning rods and patches, but I'm also a big fan of the Hoppe's Bore Snake. I have a variety of them ranging from .22 to 12 gauge, and use them on all of my guns. I pretty much never use the cleaning rod and patches anymore.

I Love it when they ship stuff early. This Steady rest was not due for another week but I went out front and Amazon had already been here. It a Matrix Steady rest that I got so I can dial in the scopes on all my toys. I got three to do this week and I plan on getting a .223 to fill in the gap in my inventory. I also am looking for a 12 gage over and under for a bird gun. I can see my lovely departed wife now just shaking her head.

20210303_162450.jpg

It will work for long guns
20210303_162606.jpg

Or Pistol. although I don't see my self using it for that but one never knows... :unsure: ;) I am waiting for the delivery of the 3/8 rings for the scope on the Varmint gun and the laser bore site. Planning on spending Friday out at the range....:)

Cool stuff. :thumb: A bench rest for a pistol is handy. A lot of people swear their handgun sights are off because they consistently miss the center of the target. (Low and left is probably the most common.) More often than not it's the shooter, not the gun. Using a bench rest can help figure out where the problem is.