But Mom it followed me home.

Don Baer

Staff member
Went to the gun show to get primers today and saw this and had to have it. Rugar American 5.56 with P-223 precision scope bi-pod and flash suppressor and butt plate pad.. The scope is a P-223 Spot Optomised Nikon 4-16x40. They say that once dialed in has adjustment from 100 yards to 600 yards assuming a 55 grain bullet 3450 fpm. Nikon has an app that will let you compensate for different bullets weights and loads. This was brand new in the box. The guy built it and never shot it.

20210911_151740.jpg

I already own I already own one of these rifles so I am familiar with the accuracy of the gum but mines not tricked out like this one it just has the rifle with a fixed scope and a sling. My Brother in law want a 5.56 he shot mine so I'll just save him the trouble of finding one and sell him mine.

Last edited:
well took it out to the range I had used the laser bore site at home to get it close then shot a few rounds at 50 yards to get it dialed in. I took the target out to 100 yards. The first shot was to the right of center so a few clicks and it was right on. Next I shot 4 groups of 5. Not to bad now it will be up to the shooter to improve. All in all I am very happy.

20210917_152447.jpg

Nice shooting! We're you shooting reloads or box ammo? If reloads, might try some loads in small increments lighter and some hotter to see if the gun likes any of them. What's the twist rate on that rifle?

Id guess they won't do better than the 55 grains, but depends on how many grains of powder. For an 1:8 twist, you may try a heavier bullet, like a 69 to 75 grain. It's certainly worth experimenting to figure out what that gun likes best though. That is part of the fun of reloading.