Cabinet with recessed corners question.

Hi guys.
I'm thinking about making a cabinet with recessed corners (I don't know if that is their name) similar to the sketch I include. But I am not sure if there are better ways to attach the sides. The recess would be 30x30mm ( 1.18 x1.18") but I would like to use thinner boards of about 12mm (1/2") for the sides.
I am looking at these 5 options but I do not know which on is the best. Option E is the one that allows me to use thinner boards the others don't.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
cabinet.jpgcabinet2.jpg

Just thinking out loud here: what about using Option A and then cut the recess in with a router. I realize that's a big cut, but multiple passes, or one pass from each side should do it. I like option E but that seems like a significant effort.

How about using "E", but make the internal face diagonal (like "C") to add a bit more glue surface. That configuration could allow use of 1/4" sides, if desired.

Just thinking out loud here: what about using Option A and then cut the recess in with a router. I realize that's a big cut, but multiple passes, or one pass from each side should do it. I like option E but that seems like a significant effort.
Hi Fred, thanks a lot, I didn't think about that. It maybe my final choice. Although the glue lines would be visible, but I think that if I make the inner reinforcement of the same wood it will not matter ( provided I make them right ;-) )

How about using "E", but make the internal face diagonal (like "C") to add a bit more glue surface. That configuration could allow use of 1/4" sides, if desired.
Hi Bill, again, that seem a good option as well, and my comment would be the same as what I told Fred. I guess I could use the glue lines as a decorative option on that option. Cutting a diagonal as you suggest woul leave a more unobtrusive interior. So that suggestion maybe my final choice as well.
There are more details I am thinking about, but this one was getting on my nerves.

Never tried it myself, but I like Option "D" because it provides the largest gluing surface.
Hi Jim. Thanks, but I think my drawing misled you. (My fault) the recess would be twice as much as the board thickness and I didn't draw it correctly, although I agree with you about the gluing surface. For a small recess like depicted that would be my choice.

d version and use a router to cut the rabbit after glue up. everyone knows there is a joint somewhere so this way its there but tight and yu could use mechanical fasteners inside to reinforce it if needed

What sort of mechanical fasteners do you mean Larry?. It is going to be a piece of fine furniture, so fasteners like the ones in the pic would be a no-no thing.HTB1r0NlMFXXXXXhaXXXq6xXFXXXH.jpg