Can’t resist a sale.

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
One of my local suppliers had a 15% off sale on all exotics. I held back as much as I could but I did break into the wallet for some padauk, zebra, and wenge. I have a couple of special projects in mind.
5ce56fb3b05d943c025aeeb5c807ed38.jpg

:lurk:

Those are some pretty pieces of wood! I've been on a wood buying moratorium.. but there ?might? have been a small box (not more than 30lbs... :rolleyes:) of rosewood turning squares that showed up from a pre-xmas sale.

Beautiful wood.

I have been hoarding wood for a lot of years. I keep telling people it is my retirement stash. A 10x20 shed stuffed full to the rafters + about 300 bd/ft of red oak under cover.

I just love the wood - all of it.

Like Ryan - I cannot buy any more materials. I cannot.

If there was a better guy to make something beautiful with ANY wood than you --- I CANNOT name him.

Thanks all. A little of this will go into a clock I am building for a customer. A little more into a picture frame I am building for a friend. The balance (or at least most of it) will go into a silver chest for my son. I recently passed on my parents silver (given them on their wedding day). The original chest is long gone. Time for a new one.

Thanks all. A little of this will go into a clock I am building for a customer. A little more into a picture frame I am building for a friend. The balance (or at least most of it) will go into a silver chest for my son. I recently passed on my parents silver (given them on their wedding day). The original chest is long gone. Time for a new one.

Can't wait to see some more Rennie Magic.

I’m afraid the wenge was a bust.

this short piece, taken from near the center of the board, split after jointing and planing.
11157115c679360bb50f9d645c3d8622.jpg

While ripping this piece the kerf closed up like a vise.
38a5a93ada825350ef9b97d77f417ca2.jpg

Last, this piece, once ripped, started looking like a pretzel.
9ec8fa508b42722fd080fcd3994a5e5b.jpg

Anybody want some pen blanks?