Cant work BROKE TOOL:)

larry merlau

had a lee valley 6" combo square and it broke in my apron, apparently my thumb pressure got the best of it? so sometime ago there was a place t get blem starrets or toyo stuff.. i am lost without this little guy so am looking to replace it any info would be appreciated. i dont think lee valley guarantees there tools so i am out.

square.jpg

Last edited:
My money is on LV standing behind it as well. They replaced something for me that was wayyy out of warranty when I inquired about parts. Otherwise Harry Epstein as Ted points out but, I prefer the 4R blade.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, I dropped my 4" LV square and it broke in exactly the same place. I called LV and they sold me a replacement part, which they carry but don't put in their catalogs. Call them up and you'll be back in business in a short while.

wrote them and they wanted the sale slip i dont have it they asked for the product number but i dont know where it is will have to look closer tomorrow and see if i can find a number.. ken do you happen to have the number of the part they sold you? could tell them that and be back in gear:)

Larry, I found this on the site when I looked at my previous orders. Bear in mind, my square is the 4" model, it might not be the same part. I bet if you call them they'll be able to help. Anyway, here is the info:

the part is called
replacement locking screw
Item # 24N0803

well now i am back to WORK, i got kens part ordered then got this in the mail today...:) someone is a clever fellar:) couldnt figure out what it was.. address didnt wring no berlls till i read it after opening the box.. thanks Dano for the luahg and the tool.. yu dont listen well, so yu should go get hearing checked:)

back to work.jpg

Am I correct in assuming the little half-moon of metal broke off the end of the bolt, where it had been fitting into the longitudinal groove in the rule so that tightening the bolt locks the rule square and into place? If that's correct, you may be able to fix tho square even if you don't get a new part -- just because you have a new square doesn't mean it's not worth it. All you need to do is to file a notch into a bolt, shaping the end to fit into the rule groove. I have fixed lesser squares that way.