Catalpa Potpourri Pot

Really nice Chas... Your Potpourri pots inspired me to make a few... I showed them in another thread and tried to give you credit for the idea, but at my age, memory comes and goes and I couldn't find your original post... I haven't seen Catalpa wood since leaving Texas... don't think we have the trees here in Tennessee... my Uncle had a Catalpa tree growing in front of his house... if it's still there it'll be huge now as that was 60 years ago.

don't mean to try to over shadow you, but these are my potpourri bowls that you inspired me to try.... I got a package of 8 lids from a local supplier here in U.S. think he's in one of the Carolinas.... I bought the package and have done 4 of them so far... mine are finished with just sanding up to 600 grit, then finishing with my homemade version of Yorkshire Grit - a mixture of mineral oil, beeswax and diatomaceous earth, then buffed with Carnuba wax... I figure they won't be handled so much that the finish should last....
513993 (5).JPG Silver Maple 514008 (1).JPG Poplar 514009 (1).JPG Walnut

514010 (4).JPG Cherry DSCF4020.JPG DSCF4022.JPG This one is a little special I made specifically for the wife... she saw the board on Facebook from our local lumber importer -- Black Limba -- and insisted I needed a board of this wood... it is beautiful... she even offered to pay for the wood, so I couldn't insult her by refusing... she bought a 13' x 9" x 1" board for me that had a lot of color and grain markings, so naturally I made her a bowl as a thank you... this is a glue up of 4 squares abut 4x4 of one end of the board.