Chase dot Com credit card

Leo Voisine

Has anyone logged into Chase.com to check Credit Card today?

I cannot log in. Chase does not recognize my login and does not recognise my card number. I call the number on my card - no luck at all - does not recognise card number or anything

Anyone else have issues?

Sounds like they need to adopt whatever processes Discover Card uses. Over the past 25 years or so, Discover has contacted US when certain purchases showed up that didn't fit our pattern. They denied the merchant and it didn't cost us anything. The most recent incident a few years ago involved a purchase of over $750 of merchandise at a location we don't go. We are 99.99% certain where our card number was stolen, so we don't do business there anymore.

Oh the Credit Card caught it. I just found out this morning when I checked my account. I check in every morning.

Apparently they got my email first, then got my credit cards via forget password reset. Reset link sent to email. Boom - several purchases later -------

The Credit card company removed the stolen charges.

I have thoughts on how it happened, but nothing I can put a finger on. Learned a lot though.

Be careful how to use email & passwords
I may start using a different email for some stuff.

Good you caught it early and the CC company is not hitting you for the charges.
I have a card I only use for larger medical expenses, so it only gets used three or four times a year. A few years ago I used it at the dentist's office and a week later there was a $600 charge for electronics less than half a mile from my dentist. The CC Co covered the charges. It doesn't a Sherlock to figure out what happened, but try to prove it. So, I found a different dentist. 🦷

I know they aren't fun to do, but try to use 2 factor authentication where you can especially with email and banking. Use different passwords for different sites. I even use different emails addresses for different sites. CC hacks will still happen, but always bites when they do do it.

Along with 2fa, I make sure to also have notifications setup (email and text) on my accounts so that I get notified of any charges. Just good to know whats going on.

So since they got access to your email, I'd hope that you've checked all other sites you use for personal and financial (pension, retirement, SSN, etc) stuff and changed your passwords there too. Sites like your cell phone and other emails as well would need to be updated for sure as those are usually secondary authentication methods for getting account passwords changed.

Well, and if don't have your credit itself froze and aren't doing any refinancing, call the big 3 credit bureaus and get those froze. They probably got enough info about you to open some new credit. Sorry, I know this sucks.

I have managed to eliminate all direct interaction with Chase bank. I even switched to an Amazon 'store card' to get away from them. They are just so frustrating in so many aspects of their business that I cannot waste my precious time with them anymore. *** rant off ***

I don't know there in US but here, no matter what or where you buy on-line you get a code on your phone that you have to enter to confirm your purchase. At shops some credit cards accept 20€ or less charges without a pin code, although you can set them up to ask for a pin code from the first euro.

I don't have a problem with Chase per se. In fact they were VERY helpful and it is they who took action FAST. They froze my account long before I knew what happened. NO - it is NOT a chase problem. I am quite happy with how Chace handled all of this.

I don't know there in US but here, no matter what or where you buy on-line you get a code on your phone that you have to enter to confirm your purchase. At shops some credit cards accept 20€ or less charges without a pin code, although you can set them up to ask for a pin code from the first euro.
Unfortunately in the US, they seem to be behind on theft prevention. It seems to be cheaper to just take the loss and refund the customer than to spend money on updating their systems. It's only been in the last few years that they've required the use of the chips on credit cards, but online purchasing has remained unchanged.