Cheap curb appeal?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a set of these on a house down the street and thought they at least looked good from the street driving by. They have a slight gloss to them and reflect like tinted glass. I figured for $20 I'd give them a try and return them if they don't work out, so we shall see...

https://smile.amazon.com/Car-Garage-Kits-Installation-Decorative/dp/B07P2MRJ66

I at least did a mock up for my wife to get approval. And no the spider isn't up all year round, it's just a pic of the house around halloween, the eyes in the bush are a different story though. ;)

Without:
2021-07-15 10.42.10.png

With:
CAA54CFC-9774-40A6-A844-8DC2B9B5E6BC 1.png

...And no the spider isn't up all year round, it's just a pic of the house around halloween, the eyes in the bush are a different story though. ;)
I can't find a picture of it handy, but there's a house here that puts up a huge (6' to 8' diameter) 3D spider on the side of their 2-story house every Halloween. I used to deliver to that house when I was working for the dry cleaners and I know I took some pics of it, but I can't find them right now.

Ha! I looked at that ad for 2 minutes trying to figure out "does not include hinges". Thinking why do they need hinges......before I looked at the photo again. I should have had my second cup of coffee before looking :rofl:. Anyway, they do add a nice look to the doors.

:rofl: Love that.

There's actually a building down the road from me that they've got images of the star wars landing bays on their doors with an x-wing fighter in one of them. He had them on the previous shop that burnt down, and had bigger doors and images put on the new one which helped with the scale.