Christmas exchange anyone???? Secret Santa type thing anyone?????

Steve Ramsey's gift is in the house! It's a beauty...

Elph360HS_3037_GrandView.jpg

Elph360HS_3043_SteveRamseyBox_Open2.jpg

Elph360HS_3044_FrontKnobArea.jpg

Elph360HS_3039_HingeDetail.jpg

Thanks a million Steve! My wife watched me open the package and said, "Oooh - is it a pencil box?" (She's an artist; I think I know where this gorgeous item is going to end up. :))

One thing I gotta know: How did you get that hard, smooth finish? :huh:

Looks like I'm going to be the hit of the new years eve party this year!

Check these out, Some noise makers Kerry made, Now I understand why he was ripping thin strips.

Very cool well figured maple, and such nicely turned handles.

Excellent craftsman ship as well. These will be treasured for many years and will be brought out every New Years eve.

Oh, And these things are LOUD! Just exactly what is needed.

Thanks Kerry! So cool and very much appreciated!

Kerry Burton Noise Makers.jpg

Well I'm only vi-kerry-iously (see what I did there :rofl:) following along.

But I have to ask on those noise makers, how are the pokey bits on the round part cut? I think maybe someone I knows kids need a few of those in addition to the bull roarer I'm making :D

Brent - I'm glad you like it. :thumb:

This is some of that cottonwood that I got from a neighbor's tree removal years ago. I wish I had grabbed more of it!

Believe it or not, with a glue-up or two I could still get another (mini) noisemaker out of that block of wood:

Elph360HS_2987_BlockOfCottonwood_MarkedUp.jpg

Elph360HS_3014_AllPartsCut_LeftoverWood.jpg

[...] on those noise makers, how are the pokey bits on the round part cut? I think maybe someone I knows kids need a few of those in addition to the bull roarer I'm making :D

Here you go! I'll spare you the photos I took of marking out the cutting lines - unless you really want to see them. :rolleyes:

Elph360HS_3001_GearWithPatternMarked.jpg

Elph360HS_3003_Gear_CuttingLinesClockwise.jpg

Elph360HS_3005_Gear_ClockwiseLinesCut.jpg

Elph360HS_3006_Gear_CuttingLinesCounterClockwise.jpg

Elph360HS_3007_Gear_CuttingComplete.jpg