CNCjs Install

Bill Arnold

Staff member
After reviewing cncjs quite a bit, I decided to install on an RPi and see how it goes. I installed RPi Stretch and did the recommended updates. Also installed npm and nvm and their updates as instructed. From what I've read, the next step should be to install cncjs using the command below, but here's what happens when I do:

[h=5]pi@RPi-LaserEng1:~ $ sudo npm install -g cncjs@latest --unsafe-perm
(node:2305) [DEP0022] DeprecationWarning: os.tmpDir() is deprecated. Use os.tmpdir() instead.
npm WARN deprecated react-router-redux@5.0.0-alpha.9: This project is no longer maintained.
npm ERR! Error: Method Not Allowed
npm ERR! at errorResponse (/usr/share/npm/lib/cache/add-named.js:260:10)
npm ERR! at /usr/share/npm/lib/cache/add-named.js:203:12
npm ERR! at saved (/usr/share/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/lib/get.js:167:7)
npm ERR! at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:135:15)
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this *entire* log,
npm ERR! including the npm and node versions, at:
npm ERR! <http://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

npm ERR! System Linux 4.14.79-v7+
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "cncjs@latest" "--unsafe-perm"
npm ERR! cwd /home/pi
npm ERR! node -v v8.11.1
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.21
npm ERR! code E405
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/pi/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0
pi@RPi-LaserEng1:~ $

Is there a step-by-step instruction sheet somewhere that makes this process simpler?

[/h]

I'm guessing that the nodejs version may be newer than what the program was written for. I'm running into a similar message for another project I'm working on. You may need to downgrade the nodejs version. May check with Brent to see what version of OS he's running on the PI and what version of nodejs he is running as well.

True to form, Monday is starting out a little rough work wise. I'll dig out the pi that I had this running on a little later and see if I can find what versions it uses.