Coffee, End Tables (i hope)

The legs are all glued up, pretty close to my original mock up.

y.JPGy1.jpg

Taking a coffee break then finish up the slabs. Can’t wait to dry fit it all together hopefully tonight. I took the plunge and ordered a hvlp sprayer system, I think to spray a clear finish I will spray the legs prior to final assembly. The top will bolt on the bottom shelve I was going to glue the center only. I could put a blank in the dado to keep the finish out. Have a few days to think it over. Saturday I hope to make it shinny.

Someone messed up my shop, can’t find enough floor space for all three pieces. :huh: Pretty happy with them can’t wait to get them shinny. Once I get the shop cleaned up I should get better pics.

z2.jpgz1.JPGz3.jpg

Hi Ted I got the fugi semi pro, a two stage (customer service outstanding had a broken part from shipping new one sent within 24 hours) I found it has a bit of learning curve the bottom has a bit orange peel effect but as my confidence gained and the settings the tops turned out great. Lessons learned thinning, how fast to move ect. Not disappointed, a four stage turbine would be neat but not in my budget.

Thanks, Eric. Been looking at them but those multi stage units can get pricey.

For the past several years I've been using a gravity feed HVLP 'conversion' gun that I got from Jeff Jewitt at Homestead Finishing. With a 1.2mm tip it works great for Target EM6000. A 1.5mm tip also works great for Em8000cv and also the EM1000 sanding sealer. I think I paid around $250.00 for the gun kit with three tips.

Those turned out quite well!

Interesting design choice to have the lower shelf set between the "feet" rather than one level up between the legs as a stretcher. What guided you to make that choice?

The design idea roughly came from a table I seen on Pinterest, I looked at different options for the bottom shelf but I liked how it looked. It’s definitely different I think that’s why I like it.