Coffee table in the works

had that happen in reverse on a large batch of drawers the holes were to small for the drawers. so had to cut and redo the drawer boxes.. good thing that project wasnt headed to a church because it would have to say confessions first from the language it learned.. looks good bud nice grain match..

Found a new board for the shelf that I liked much better than the oops shelf, so that worked out for the better, so new shelf made and installed, also made and installed the corbel’s and drawer. Now on the task of milling the top, router bit should be in this week for that, that will give me time to make the router sled

Since that general style usually has a square edge on the top, what are you milling? A bull-nose would work, but anything more elaborate will be inappropriate for the A&C/Stickley style of the table.

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. :oops:

Looking great, Tom. :thumb: I like the little secret space in the back of the drawer. Maybe we should start a poll to see what you will be stashing back there. lol.
  • Knife
  • Compact handgun
  • Collectible baseball cards
  • Gumballs
  • Ninja mask
  • Matchbox cars
  • Cool rocks you find
  • Mad stacks of cash, yo

Firstly..that is going to be awesome, when finished. And what will the finish be?

Thanks Bill and all!!! I have thought about this and have come up with what I am planing to do, 9ish years ago Glenn Bradley created one of the best projects here IMHO (though there are MANY by so MANY :thumb:) it has never left my mind. I can't do what he can, WAY above my pay grade, but maybe his finish??? 1/3 BLO, 1/3 Mineral Spirits, 1/3 Cabot's Varnish, many coats from what I have read. Glenn, maybe you will elaborate on your process?