Compact tractors

Small boulders and sand stone is on the list. I need to line some of the ditches and rebuild some retaining walls. Lift power of the overall arm isn’t big, like 300lbs.

Interesting idea on lining the ditches. We usually just dug them out every couple of years which works pretty well if they're carefully graded (and these were, being all irrigation ditches put in a century ago...). I'm guessing you have some steeper drainage ditches that might have more washing problems?

Even 300lbs is a lot to hold stuff in the bucket though, just have to kind of plan how the pinch and lift goes.

I've had a bit of experience with compact tractors myself, and the JD 3032e is definitely a solid choice from what I've seen and heard. Good balance of power and size for a variety of tasks. I've used similar models for everything from clearing snow to managing food plots and the versatility with attachments like you're considering is a huge plus.

Having dealers close by for either JD or Kubota is a game-changer for maintenance and service. It's worth considering what deals you might find on pre-owned Kubota machinery as well. Sometimes you can get more bang for your buck, especially with attachments, without sacrificing quality.

Last edited:
How many acres and what do you plan to use it for?

After a few years, the 3032e has been a good tractor, but a little light for many jobs I have. Taking care of a few acres is ideal, over that you may want to look at something larger.

My experience is I have 5 acres and have lived here for 43 years. I love my home. BUT the biggest mistake I made is not buying a good new tractor when I first moved here. I could have done a lot more a lot easier and my property would look a lot better had I. Back then around where I live kubota was the most popular for small play farmers. Instead, I purchased a well used '56 Ford 851, Then spend the remaining years working on it, instead of using it.

I've had a bit of experience with compact tractors myself, and the JD 3032e is definitely a solid choice from what I've seen and heard. Good balance of power and size for a variety of tasks. I've used similar models for everything from clearing snow to managing food plots and the versatility with attachments like you're considering is a huge plus.