Compact tractors

That's a very capable machine, now that I've seen what the one that was used to put in my culvert did. I may have gone with one if it was just for 20 - 40 acres, but we've just got too much brush hogging that needs done. I'm a bit concerned the 3032e is going to be undersized still, at least until we've got it caught up.
I was wondering about the undersized pat, I think for that much property a larger one would not have been a bad idea. Even so, the one you have will likely do a good job; albeit there will be days when you wished you had the larger one.

Just a quick update, been doing quite a bit of dirt work mostly, filling holes in the yard where old stumps have decomposed over the years. I picked up a 3 point receiver hitch attachment for quickly hooking up the trailer to haul rock. The front forks have come in real handy moving stuff around and doing cleanup around the barn. Still have yet to get the brush hog hooked up. Maybe next week I'll get started on that. I've got a lot of old tree logs that are washed up against other trees around the creek (not in the creek) that need to be cut up and moved to clear up the mowing paths.

The dealership picked up the tractor this afternoon to take it up to get the backhoe undercarriage installed. While it was getting loaded, I noticed a pretty good coolant leak, so the driver will have service look at that while they are putting the backhoe on. I'm sure I rattled something loose using the box blade on the road, it shakes everything pretty good with the small boulders that they use for gravel here. :)

Been two weeks now. I called and sounds like they finally took it in the shop to look at the coolant leak today. Sounds like the backhoe has still not been transferred from their shop 40 miles away. Also the tech that does all the backhoe installs has been sick(?). I'm understanding to point that some things are out of their control, but feeling like some of it isn't. At this point I'm not going to be using it much the rest of the year with the holidays and new grand baby coming, but I'll be calling every few days for updates at this point, keeping a list, and checking it twice. ;) :gonnagetit:

On a more positive note...

I've been looking at what options are available to add additional hydraulic spools to the rear of the tractor. There are factory options for my tractor and several aftermarket ones. Most are electrically controlled, there is a rear option that has some levers, but not sure it if works in addition to the power-beyond connections for my backhoe.

I came across Tractor Time with Tim's introduction to his system.

This one uses the actual power-beyond connection for the backhoe and looks to be the easiest to install. It's just a matter of plugging it into the ports at the rear and running wires for the electrically controlled spools. It also sounds like it should work with any compact tractor that has power beyond, you may just need to have the hoses fitted or get adaptors with the correct connectors for your power beyond ports. Price wise, the factory rear 2 port option for my tractor would cost me as much as the 4 port option using the power beyond connectors.

Because they are electrically controlled spools, It should make it more comfortable to make adjustments or place the controls where they are needed, vs having to reach behind me on the factory option.

Earlier I had mentioned that service at the dealers for this kind of equipment isn't like you'd get from a car dealer. They seem to be geared toward the farmer who bought the $150K combine more than we mere mortals who spent quite a bit less. I think that attitude extends to the parent companies as well. Sometimes getting the stuff (factory attachments) you want is a real exercise in futility. At least you have some time to get their behinds in gear.

Seems my dealer can't get a power beyond kit for my tractor at this time to complete the backhoe install. Said they are going to fix the coolant leak and bring the tractor back for now until they can get the kit. :pullhair: At this point I'm needing to get other work done, so that is fine. My confidence level in the dealership has really suffered from this experience though. :mad: