Compact tractors

How about rear-facing a GoPro mounted on the ROPS with a dash-mounted tablet as a monitor? OK, not really practical with things like cost and battery charging in mind, but you've gotta admit you'd have the coolest tractor on the block. :D
Now you know how that kind of stuff snowballs, next I’d have the tractor driving itself and sending me updates via TikTok. ;)

Well, they were a good location while parked in the shop, but apparently those bolts rotate when the loader is lifted. :D

I can do a bracket on the right side of the loader, but the left doesn't have any pre-drilled/threaded holes to use, so thinking I may make some kind of bracket to go over the cowl/dash area for both mirrors. I also may weld up some mounts to come off the ROPS that fold up when needed.
I mounted my ATV mirrors on my loader frame also and in a similar place to your first location, but not on the loader mounting pin. The loader frame is a good 1/4" thick steel, so my first thought was to drill and tap holes for the mounting screws that came with the mirrors. However being true to the DIY tradition of over-building, I instead drilled the loader frame and used "Moly Jack Nuts" as threaded anchors. It was overkill. I should have just threaded the loader frame.

Dealer support is every bit as important as build quality and features. A friend of mine went through a similar purchase a year or so ago....he wanted the JD, but the dealer would hardly give him the time of day. He went with the Kubota, and is thrilled.

This is a very good point, you don't buy the brand, you buy the dealer. You buy the support staff and the knowledge/ training they have.

This is a very good point, you don't buy the brand, you buy the dealer. You buy the support staff and the knowledge/ training they have.
Yeah, tough lesson for the first time buyer here. I was somewhat buying the dealer, as I have a friend that works for the main service part of it. Not his fault, just the way the job market is and trying to keep their staff.

I was also seeing a lot of newer green tractors around, maybe from a different dealer location(?).

I learned the same lesson when I bought my Kubota. My dealer was closest and actually offered the lowest price (by a small amount), he had been in business since we moved here so i figured I was good to go. Big mistake; but since then Kubota stripped him of his franchise....but apparent;ly not for poor service. Kubota anted him to build a new building ($2.5m according to the dealer) to maintain their "image"....and he wouldn't do it.

Welll???????:dunno:
It was picked up. ;) hopefully will see it again early next week with the backhoe. :crossed:

I got the same driver as the last few times, we had a good chat and tipped him. I feel like he’s probably getting a lot of critical feedback from the customers he’s visiting. Doesn’t sound like they do enough listening to him…lol

Oh, I want to confirm the connections on the power beyond are what the summit kit comes with. I was thinking I really only need 3 connections at any given time, but might as well get the 4 spool kit. I think the combo of the joy stick handle with two switch’s built in, and rops mounted toggles for the other two. They are on back order, but shouldn’t need it for a bit.

I was thinking I really only need 3 connections at any given time, but might as well get the 4 spool kit.
I very much agree. My Kioti came with one remote set of wetlines and an option to add another set (13 years ago). I stuck with one and I could really, really use two, and I can think of a few things to do with three or even four. For the basic cost of adding the system, I'll bet the increment to go to 4 is not that much more?
cheers

Well, got a call from the dealer, and the tractor is done, but the soonest they were going to bring it back to me was March 7th. :eek: I argued a bit with her and expressed a bit of frustration with that timeframe. I need the tractor, not so much the backhoe at this time. Since the delivery guy lives north of here about 10 miles, she bumped it up to next week. I may have to give him a call and see if I can get him to bump it up even sooner. Or just rent a trailer and go get it myself. :pullhair: :mad:

When I was running the ISP back in the 90's (never run an ISP), it was considered good business practice at the time to have a fridge full of cases of said beverage for the various telco installers to help themselves to. People who did this were able to frequently get expedited installs, people who didn't were often lucky to get lines installed at all.

Some things don't change a ton haha.

And this morning it arrived.
AB0444B9-8B0E-4EF8-8647-6668F1493DCE.jpeg
Unfortunately I wasn’t feel too well, so had to wait to play with it. Started with on of the bigger stumps in the side yard, it was a walnut tree. It ended up having a huge tap root under it, but luckily had been cut down 10-15 years ago.
764CED03-A66D-43CD-9E1A-DE78E6501A77.jpeg
I saved it to power wash, it looked like it wasn’t very punky (at all) nor had any bug damage. Maybe can do a table or see if there is anything usable with it.

The lights I mounted on the back look to be a good location for using this if need be in the dark.
1CF9D1B9-6620-43E6-87FD-85E9AFB6B77F.jpeg
Oh, and the edge tamers came today. They worked as advertised. I used them to fill the hole by pushing with the FEL. The blade didn’t gouge in and skimmed most of the dirt right off the grass.
664C0E47-9D42-4A21-B048-1584EB0C4DE7.jpeg

Oh boy! I could get in so much trouble with a backhoe! Good job and that is crazy that a dealership would want the headaches/cost/liability of having your machine that long. Clearly like usual, it is a case of not what you know but WHO you know! I will assume you are feeling better since you got some seat time. I know it is a rural area, but don't be afraid to call the dig line, a recorded call with flags placed reduces your liability. Koi pond here you come!!!