Coolmeadow Creations Shop Construction

what do you do with the second T-Saw? just curious as to why yu have two and the reasoning for locating it where it is. i got a spare that i have some thoughts on as well.

what do you do with the second T-Saw? just curious as to why yu have two and the reasoning for locating it where it is. i got a spare that i have some thoughts on as well.

Larry, it's been such a good little saw, I hated to let it go anywhere. I played with several locations before I decided on this. The main reason is for the cyclone ducting. It was greatly simplified at this location. If I had put them back to back, I would only have had a couple feet behind me to maneuver around. This way, I have about 8' behind me. And it will be set up primarily for dado work, which means it won't get used a lot. A secondary function is outfeed table for the right side of the saw for cutting sheet goods. I still have my mobile outfeed/assembly table that I can place at the optimum place for cuts on the new saw and be able to support the full sheet when cross cutting by letting it span the contractor saw and the outfeed table. I thought about going side by side with the two saws, but being that they are soooo different, the mobile base would have been harder to build, and would have been a monster to move around in the event I need to get my van in the shop and out of the way of a hail storm. So far I really like it. I used them both when building the cabinet under the new saw. Seemed very natural to work that way. Jim.

Mr. Jim,

You know, what I am going to speak from my mouth ? Its WOW!!!! Awesome work man. I am speechless because the way you converted your project into a miraculous stuff is unbelievable. From now onwards I am a fan of yours. The inner/outer space, roofing or cabinets, everything is just perfect. Wish you all the best for your further projects ( If you have any in your mind ). :thumb::thumb:

Well, the last 2 plus years have been a little rough, and very very busy. With LOML and I both having cancer diagnoses and the subsequent surgeries, addition of 2 pups to the household DSCN3097 Jet and Ryder.jpg, and the loss of our oldest Irish Setter, there hasn't been much going on in the shop.
I did start an assembly table this summer. The base is constructed of three (3) 4X4 Douglas Fir cut to length for the legs, and some strips of 3/4" ply for the upper and lower grids which are dadoed (is that a word??) into the legs. Each of the legs have an adjustable foot so the entire table can be leveled to the floor. Black plastic laminate, Wilsonart, covers the sides and top while the bottom has 3 coats of poly to seal it off. DSCN3139 assembly table 3.jpg Before laminating the top, it was perfectly flat using my 38" Veritas straight edge. After laminate it is not as flat, but definitely within my allowable specs. I have some heavy duty T-track on 2 adjacent sides.DSCN3139 assembly table 6.jpg DSCN3139 assembly table 4.jpg Each has an adjustable edge for assembling case work. As you can tell from the shots with the carpenter square, they are perpendicular to the table top, and square to each other. DSCN3196 assembly table 5.jpgDSCN3139 assembly table 2.jpg They should serve me well. Material was re-purposed from the original extension table that came with the Griz 691 saw.
Now to get a new job so I can buy some wood to make something on it. Original plans were to start in December to redo the fireplace wall with built ins on each side. This rendition is of an early plan I had saved. Have decided against the black fireplace and background for something that won't show dust as bad. Outside cabinets will be floor to ceiling without the bookcase on that section, per LOML's orders, er, I mean request.:rofl: Spot in the middle for the speakers will remain. TV will go above the mantel, center channel speaker will be built into the mantel. living room remodel.jpg
Well, that's what I've been up to lately. Hope everyone has a great Holiday season!! Jim.

Vaughn, they are each bigger now than they were together in that picture! The Irish, Ryder, is typically obnoxious, but such a hoot,most of the time. He just planted his front feet in my lower stomach in the dark heading in from the shop a few minutes ago. Had no idea he was there, much less launching him self through the air at full speed. The other one is Jett and is such a sweet dog. The two are really polar opposites, but really good buddies too.
Thanks Ted. We're optimistic that the health issues are behind us, but you just never know about cancer....Jim.