Coop De Villa!

Absolutely. I could have slapped together an uninsulated structure pretty quickly, but this is fully insulated, floor, walls, roof with 1.5" polystyrene with the mylar covering. Even the nesting boxes are fully insulated.

Will also be up off the ground to prevent rodent/reptiles nesting underneath the coop.

Are you installing a droppings board? If you can figure out a way to remove and clean the droppings board from outside the coop it would be much easier. Some people make a slot in the wall covered with a hinged board and use cookie sheets to slide in and out under the roost. (I'm living vicariously through your chicken adventure:D My wife hates chickens)

i like teds idea of cleaning,, maybe a ash scraper would work or a small hoe.. just lift up the board and scrap into a container to transport.

also saw dust makes great bedding and adds to easy cleanup

One side has a door that flips up. I'm planning on making a board covered in laminate that I can use to just easily scoop things out. The board will also be removeable for cleaning.

Should also prevent the floor from rotting out.

Pretty much ready for pain and final hardware installation (after painting).

Getting very close at this point!

FWW-1470.jpgFWW-1469.jpgFWW-1468.jpgFWW-1467.jpg

Very nice Brent so when do the chickens arrive? I am also picturing ole chicken hawk in the cartoons scheming how he is going to get one of your chickens out. lol

Will sure be great to be able to eat eggs from your own flock.

Not sure if I'll get it all painted this week, but I'm planning in getting it painted and getting the run fenced in probably this coming weekend. So I might get the chicks this weekend, or sometime next week.

I will be fencing them in all around, with chicken wire across the top to prevent avian attacks.

Well, Got some chickens. Still working on the coop, but these are still a little young to be out there. I guess then need to be in warmer temperatures for a few weeks yet.

Their names are Lucinda, Lydia, Wanda, and Joan.

Bonus points to the first person that correctly points out the connection of the names.

LucindaLydiaWandaJoan.jpg

Now u gone and done it. When they go off thr lay, you going to have passengers in thr coop because you aint never gonna chop a named pets head off.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We added to the flock this year The yellow/brown are Isa Browns and the black two are Wyandotte. Would have gotten all Wyandotte, but they were straight run and my luck I'd have gotten all rosters! The Isa's were pullets. We have a couple Austrolorps, which have been crazy layers and a couple Brahmas which haven't been near the layers. They are a lot of fun to fool with.

chicks.jpg

Very nice!

We added to the flock this year The yellow/brown are Isa Browns and the black two are Wyandotte. Would have gotten all Wyandotte, but they were straight run and my luck I'd have gotten all rosters! The Isa's were pullets. We have a couple Austrolorps, which have been crazy layers and a couple Brahmas which haven't been near the layers. They are a lot of fun to fool with.

View attachment 90052

Coop is in place and made some progress on the run today. Will start to fence it in tomorrow, but I reckon the Talledega race will cause a little loss of productivity.

20150502_175322.jpg

A really nice size run, but that's some hostile looking territory for a chicken. I hope the girls can find a bug or too in those rocks, if they don't burn their tootsies first.:thumb: