Cordless Tool Organizer

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
The batteries on some of my old tools were starting to go. I had a mix of dewalt, porter cable, and some milwaukee 12 volt tools. I liked the milwaukee ones enough that I decided to standardize on them and picked up a few more tools.

Well, the chargers and tools were just kind of laying around on the bench tops and in a bag, and that didn't seem right, so I whipped up this little organize to hold them. I've got a little spot on the wall picked out to mount it on later, but just thought I'd show it off.

Milwaukee Cordless Organizer.jpg

Forgot to mention, I used the CNC for the tool hanger part, just because I have one, lol. Seemed easier to draw it up and have the machine cut it out rather than doing it with a jigsaw or bandsaw.

cordless organizer thing.jpg

Oh absolutely, you definitely need a CNC!

But honestly, there are a ton of pictures of these all over the interwebs. The hardest part of it was figuring out what dimensions I needed for the handles and for the box to (hopefully) fit where I want it.

Unless you're planning to do hand cut sliding dovetails for the support system I'm afraid my answer has to be yes (I'm actually not even sure what odd behavior I'm trying to enable at this point).

Ryan's thought process = He's a bit tetched in the head, but he's family....so, yea, the answer is yes!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's always the golden rule that if someone asks if they need a new tool the answer is yes. Figuring out how to justify it is just part of the "decision" making process :D

Silly question, but aren't pretty much all tool organizers cordless? :D

Nice job, Brent. :thumb: I could stand to do something similar, although I don't have nearly as many tools to organize. (And I wish I could pick up some more Milwaukee stuff to round out my collection.)

Excuse the messing bench, working on straightening things up before winter sets in too hard. This project was part of it, lol.

Milwaukee Cordless Organizer installed.jpg

Allen,

I'm just trying to stop playing hide and seek all by myself, lol.

I find as I get a bit older, the ability to remember where I last put something (remote control, glasses, keys, wallet, tools) is not what it once was.

thats a good thing about having ocd, I put everything I use like glasses, keys, etc...in the same exact spot everyday.

tools I just keep them all exposed so I can see what I need when I need it. too time consuming to put each tool away everyday, I figure I save 15 minutes a day by not putting tools away daily so that adds up to having an hour or so each week to work.(hehehe)

thats a good thing about having ocd, I put everything I use like glasses, keys, etc...in the same exact spot everyday.

tools I just keep them all exposed so I can see what I need when I need it. too time consuming to put each tool away everyday, I figure I save 15 minutes a day by not putting tools away daily so that adds up to having an hour or so each week to work.(hehehe)
I figure I loose a half hour or more every day looking for the tool I just put down because I didn't put it back where it belongs. :rofl:

I figure I loose a half hour or more every day looking for the tool I just put down because I didn't put it back where it belongs. :rofl:

One thing I hate is knowing I put something away where it belongs, walking from one side of my shop to the other to get it, then forgetting why I walked from one side of the shop to the other!! :huh::rolleyes::rofl: