corona virus comment

wisconsin closed down but let the folk from other places like Illinois come into there parks and resorts to bring possible virus with them. a small town with recreational parks and cottages have now become a summer number in population and are putting undue stress on the supplies there
We have a cabin in Northern Wisconsin and the county has issued a travel restriction Recommending summer residence not travel to the county and remain at their winter residence. I really hope people heed these recommendations but people being what they are probably won't. I have a friend that has been going up there since ne was a young boy & he insist they can't keep him from going. Unfortunately this is the type of attitude that will force governments to impose harsher restrictions than what we have now. Wife and I are both retired and have no need to into town except for basic groceries every couple of weeks. Just my 2 cents. Be safe and stay healthy.

Last many months I have been working on getting my heart fixed up. I need some electrical work and a valve job. Was scheduled for surgery 3/25.

After being assured many times that heart surgery was still on had this happen yesterday. ------------->

I have been more than a little worried about today’s scheduled surgery. Have been extra careful on isolation for last few weeks to make sure surgery schedule was not compromised. I was all set to have some guy cut lines around the inside of my heart with a hot knife ---- When ------------->>>> All STOP

Verified last Monday and again early Wednesday morning deal was still on. Went thru check in. Had the ID band on my wrist. Just a few feet from going into prep room when all stops.

Hospital cancelled all surgery as of 11:00 Wednesday. No other info at this time. So back to waiting and worrying.

Friends have said they bet hospital is overwhelmed with virus cases. From what I could see that is not the case. Hospital a ghost town but all very orderly.

Parking lots less than 1/2 full. No visitors allowed except in special cases.

Surgeon will look into situation and keep me posted. He says what I have should not kill me in short term but it would be wise to get it fixed. A-Fib and leaking Mitral Valve.

Our 72 mile long Florida Space Coast County only has ~12 virus cases reported.

Last edited:
Total lock down here in South Africa as from today.
Only essential services operative. Doc, pharmacy, vet.
Can buy food but no alcohol or cigarettes. Got my stock.
Phil

Pete,
I don't know how bad your A-Fib and leaky Mitral valve are, but my wife suffered from A-Fib from the age of 22... she's 76 now.... back in Dec 2013 she came down with a septic infection that took her 5 months to knock... during that time the infection settled in her Mitral valve and required a replacement... they told her same thing, wouldn't kill her but needed to be taken care of....
The doctors tried a shock treatment for the A-fib, but didn't work, so they put in a pace maker.... so far that has worked fine. She has to do a monitor on it once a month.
Hang in there this situation can't last indefinitely... keep in touch with your doctor, maybe he can pull some strings.

question? what about our military bases you dont hear how they are holding up and we know they are closer than 6 ft apart for there normal duties? no mention anywhere on them.

Pete,
I don't know how bad your A-Fib and leaky Mitral valve are, but my wife suffered from A-Fib from the age of 22... she's 76 now.... back in Dec 2013 she came down with a septic infection that took her 5 months to knock... during that time the infection settled in her Mitral valve and required a replacement... they told her same thing, wouldn't kill her but needed to be taken care of....
The doctors tried a shock treatment for the A-fib, but didn't work, so they put in a pace maker.... so far that has worked fine. She has to do a monitor on it once a month.
Hang in there this situation can't last indefinitely... keep in touch with your doctor, maybe he can pull some strings.

Thanks - I am just so disappointed. I thought all these years it was my wife that made my heart flutter only to find out it was defective equipment.

The good news and the truth is going on 48 years and she still make my heart flutter.

LOML and I have separate bathrooms. She likes her brand of TP and I like mine. Last June I bought a 24-pack of Charmin jumbo rolls (or whatever they're called) for my bathroom. Just for fun I put a Post-It note inside the cabinet door with the date. That 24-pack lasted me until about a month ago.

Tough time to run out! Did you restock before everyone else loaded up?

just had a Doctor friend tell me his thoughts.. he is a true freind been at his home many times. i asked him his thoughts on this virus.. and so he answered.. Warning not good news!!!

As things are going? Yes absolutely. It's going to be horrible with many many people dying. The whole country needs to be on lockdown, [like NY, CA, and several other states] and it just isn't happening. We are dreadfully short of ventilators, and personnel to run them. Too many people aren't taking it seriously enough, in part because they trust what's coming from Trump rather than from doctors who are experts. The federal government was way too slow to respond to the crisis, and still hasn't done enough to produce ppe, vents, and tests. IMO, it's going to be a major catastrophe. I feel like we're standing on the shore on a moonless night, with a tsunami coming at us, but we don't know how big it us or when it's going to hit. Stay safe, wash your hands, and stay home as much as you can. Other than taking a walk around the block, I haven't gone anywhere in a week. No stores, no visits, no nothing. That's what we all need to be doing.

Last edited:
The kids in my neighborhood are fantastic
This artwork was on my driveway today

That's very cool Allen, great kids!

I got a 4% pay cut today, but I'm ok with that. I'm still employed and I was spending about that on gas and wear/tear in my vehicle, yet I get to work from home and wasn't spending that. Others are in a much worse position than I.

The virus needs to attach to a protein in your lung to infect you from what the experts are saying. Please wear your mask going out and wash your hands, not just into the store, everywhere there are people about. That's what I keep harping on my parents to do, it's strange when the child becomes the parent voice. ;)

I don't have any kids, but the ladies I designated with healthcare power of attorney after my wife passed away last year are the right age. Technically, the healthcare POA is only for times I can't speak for myself, but both ladies (nurses) have been keeping tabs on me anyway. A couple weeks ago one of them asked in a text how I was doing. I replied that I was fine and that I'd been staying home except for groceries and meds. Her immediate response was, "You can get groceries and meds with curbside pickup or delivery! You stay healthy!!" Not long after that, the other one was telling me the same thing. I had my groceries delivered last week!:)

i hate this!! this virus, and the predictably nice weather (just kidding on that one, 20 degrees colder than predicted), now grizzly has a flat $25 delivery fee (bought a drum sander last week)! enough to take up 3d printing....