Craftsman 113.299315 Angle screw broken?

Greg Karnow

So the blade angle adjustment on this thing has never been easy to turn since I got it. And now it seems that the threaded screw has come out of the collet that it threads in to completely. I have no idea how it happened. I tried to get it threaded back in, but there is zero slack to move the screw back and forth. The screw is stuck to the right of the collet now, and in between another piece of metal. Of course with the panels of the saw in the way, I can barely see anything. Any ideas? Can it even be fixed?
add4533a3738cff534fac1380556a4c4.jpg
9c6172126131380d670e7c027e8df9a4.jpg
aad87a390fad0c1e8b0d9ddfa95e35c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You are looking a major surgery. Look at page 50 of the repair manual (downloadedable. Just Google by the model number). Page 50 has an exploded parts diagram and parts number list. Find your part number(s) and then see it you can even get a replacement. Try ereplacementparts.com. Then make your decision if it is repairable and if you are up to the task.

Don't rule out a replacement with a used saw. Try your local Craigslist.

Or this is an opportunity for bright shiny new one!

Hope this gets you started.

Last edited:
Agree with Carol's advise. If and when you get a new adjustment screw you may what to stiffen the side of the cabinet. I installed a piece of 3/4 ply with screws thru sheet metal form outside. It really stiffened things up and you get better angle adjustment without the side bowing.

The mount at the handle end is just riveted into sheet metal. There is a fair amount of flex there. If you think about the mechanics you are trying to apply you may be able to flex it and get it back into position. Another course is to drill out the rivets, fix your problem and then reattach with machine screws and nuts.