Critter spray gun

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen some decent reviews on this and all seem to like the gun really well. It uses regular mason jars, so seems like it would be a nice for paints and sealers that I'd use often, and easy clean up. Anyone used one before?

71FBx9qcJ5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i have heard good reveiws years ago darren, almost got one but dont know if it will spray thick fluid's. they were very reasonable back then. i can see them spraying thin liquids easily. used something similar in my foundry days to spray mold release.. mineral spirts base

Yeah, I was mostly thinking sealers and shellacs that I keep on the shelf (usually in mason jars) and typically do with brushes.

This reviewer says he uses it for almost all his products, some with thinning, but does admit it's not for detail work.

BTW, I do have the HF spray gun, this just seemed like a quicker way to use and get cleaned up.

On the 3D sign forum several people used them and liked them.

I have a gravity feed Kobalt sprayer that I use for Poly on cabinets. I just used it this morning. I am VERY happy with it. Easy to work with, easy to Clean. I do not use it for paints. I have a different sprayer for that.

I bought mine a number of years ago and is a tiny bit different, but is basically the same.
You can adjust; Air coming in, fan air, flow rate.

If I were to be so bold to say - it is better than the Critter. BUT - either way they are nice to have.

For about half the price, you could buy a Harbor Freight "HVLP" touch-up gun. It'd do a better job and be just as easy to clean up - maybe easier - than the Critter.