Current Project. FINISHED

Paul Douglass

Okay I am pretty proud so far.... Not finished, need to take it back apart, for final sanding, and fitting, then apply a finish.. Finally re-assemble with glue. But I thought I'd show it now... gett'n old, you never know..

The cutting was pretty easy, the getting assembled took as much time as the cutting, well not quite ...But I it took some time.

Just one I have wanted to do for some time... I purchased the plans a couple years ago from Pedro in Spain... (Finescrollsaw.com). It is called the Cremona Wall Clock.
The clock is 31" tall, 12" wide.

Attachments

• IMG_4448.JPG.be018252c7188a08b51e69b95115b4a3.jpeg
    IMG_4448.JPG.be018252c7188a08b51e69b95115b4a3.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4449.JPG.75e07063c824cc14d9c73eb010381d75.jpeg
    IMG_4449.JPG.75e07063c824cc14d9c73eb010381d75.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 44
That's great! I have to admit, scrollsawing is one of my secret pleasures. I used to design scrollsaw projects for my family and even considered publishing a design book. Paul, you're project really makes me want to drag out my scrollsaw. Very cool and inspiring!

I love making projects like that, but my wife has forbid me from keeping them in the house. She likes them too, but hates dusting them even more. So the few that did make it into the house, I take into the shop every few months and blow them off with the compressed air. Then put them back in the house. So far she is allowing these to come back as long as she doesn't need to clean them, but won't allow any more. So, to keep the peace I make smaller things on my scroll saw, and give them away soon after they are made.

Charley

Okay I am pretty proud so far.... Not finished, need to take it back apart, for final sanding, and fitting, then apply a finish.. Finally re-assemble with glue. But I thought I'd show it now... gett'n old, you never know..

The cutting was pretty easy, the getting assembled took as much time as the cutting, well not quite ...But I it took some time.

Just one I have wanted to do for some time... I purchased the plans a couple years ago from Pedro in Spain... (Finescrollsaw.com). It is called the Cremona Wall Clock.
The clock is 31" tall, 12" wide.
That is really nice work...so intricate. Well done!