cutting board glue

Welcome to the forum, Rob. I've made a lot of cutting boards with Titebond II and some with Titebond II. I prefer TB II as it has less likelihood for "joint creep" over time. TB III is more waterproof, but as a result it stays a little bit pliable. I've only had one failure with TB II, but that cutting board was soaked in a sink of water. A dishwasher would likely cause the same issue.

As for the "best" glue for cutting boards, I think DAP Weldwood glue is probably the best, but it's a bit more hassle to find and to use.

Welcome Rob. You got a question we got's your answer. Another vote for Tite bond lll. I've found the wood usually break before the glue joint does. The stuff is waterproof but soaked in water or through dish washer forget it. Had some folks do that a wonder what the heck?
David

Hi Rob and welcome aboard. Another Titebond II user here for cutting boards. When I helped my dad build wood boats back in the day we used Weldwood resorcinol glue. It used to be marketed as water proof and boil proof. It's since been discontinued, but resorcinol glue is still available under the name Hexion G-1131 and a couple of others. IMO the big drawback to using it for cutting boards would be the dark brown glue line.

Welcome to our Family, Rob!

I use TBII for my cutting boards and never had a problem. The board I use the most is one I made over 20 years ago and still has no sign of any seperations.

TB-3 here. I am not a prolific cutting board producer, but I've made a couple and none have failed. My favourite wood for cutting boards is Elm and we use them raw ..... no surface treatment.

Welcome to the forum, Rob. I've made a lot of cutting boards with Titebond II and some with Titebond II. I prefer TB II as it has less likelihood for "joint creep" over time. TB III is more waterproof, but as a result it stays a little bit pliable. I've only had one failure with TB II, but that cutting board was soaked in a sink of water. A dishwasher would likely cause the same issue.

As for the "best" glue for cutting boards, I think DAP Weldwood glue is probably the best, but it's a bit more hassle to find and to use.
Yeppers, I would ditto those comment and experience. TBII for me.

...I'm a novice and will probably pester you all with many basic questions, so I apologize in advance.
No apologies needed, Rob. We love answering questions around here. Sometimes we even have the right answer, lol. :D

Seriously, we've all been in your place as a beginner once, and nobody here is going to give you grief for being one.