Dad’s bird carvings

Wow!! those are truly amazing such fine detail and the settings they are on make them really look so life like, I wish I could make models like your dad.

Phill

My maternal grandmother had plates on a rail in her kitchen and they had birds painted on them as well as some 3D on plates. When I see beautiful birds carved or painted it always brings her to mind. She would have loved one in her kitchen. Sorry I never met your dad. The wood talent gene was definitely passed on to you my friend. Thanks for sharing your dad's talents with us.

Those are indeed beautiful and life like..... we had a fellow in the art group I belonged to for a while that did ducks and fish... he did a life size lion fish that took first place in the 3D section of an art show... patience that I don't have.... your dad did really fantastic work.

I failed to post my response originally . . . I do that some times 😊. These are wonderful Tom. Every time I moved forward through the string of pictures my "Wow!" became more and more pronounced. LOML finally came in to see what I was "wowing" over. Beautiful stuff.