Darren's Shop

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
You going to pack the whole thing up and move to the farm? That is awesome space and the job looks great.
David
Some day I will, but that is still a ways off at this point. Her grandfather has decided to move back home, her grandmother is still at the nursing facility, so we've got a little more time before we move down there. We're in no rush, we would prefer to have him there and enjoying it. We're still going to be going down to work on things and help him out. Will be nice getting to be able to talk with him about things regarding the farm and get more history on it.

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I spent a good part of the day making room for some of the upper cabinets I've had sitting in the corner. Looking at them stacked up gave me an idea.

I ended up framing up some bases and using them as a stacked unit
2020-08-08 17.17.54.jpg

and some additional storage at the back end of the cnc.
2020-08-08 17.18.01.jpg

I also cleared out a spot her GG-Grandfather's hardware cabinet, which has been buried behind several of the uppers I had stacked.
2020-08-08 20.11.04.jpg

I'll start working on the hardware cabinet soon. I need to replace all the drawer bottoms in the bottom drawers, then pickup some mahogany to fix a few of the broken fronts. i plan to use it for hardware storage myself for now

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
You'll love the drill press sucker. I would find it hard to go back to blowing chips out of the way myself or just letting them pile up and foul things.
It got some use last night, and did a really nice job. Kind of wondering how one of them would do riding on the cnc's z-axis for times I'd like to keep an eye on the cuts rather than trying to follow along with the shop-vac.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
It got some use last night, and did a really nice job. Kind of wondering how one of them would do riding on the cnc's z-axis for times I'd like to keep an eye on the cuts rather than trying to follow along with the shop-vac.
They have things called 'Dust Boots'. As long as they don't go up and down with the z axis, they work pretty well, lol.