Demilune Table - FINISHED!

I thought I'd do an interim post to show that I'm making some real progress on this project.

Among the initial work was using my vacuum press to adhere the veneers to the top and bottom of the top panel, and to form the bentwood for the apron and drawer front. After making the bentwood, we decided the proportions needed an adjustment, so I cut the pieces down to shorten the apron.
DemiT102a.JPG DemiT102b.JPG

The first phases of glue-up: three legs and table-side French cleat. I added a half circle section to the bottom of the legs to complete them. I still need to tweak the cove profiles to blend them. The 'badge' I made is a 1/4" domed piece of cherry, not glued on yet, so we'll see how we like it.
DemiT103.JPG DemiT104.JPG

This morning, I glued the strips I cut to make the front trim for the top panel, using the top panel and its mating piece from the CNC cut. I'll leave this to cure overnight before pulling it.
DemiT105.JPG

The next step will be milling the internal pieces to tie everything together.

Well, I didn't do any photos of interim steps on this project because it's all routine construction.

Here are a few photos of the finished product. After a coat of EM1000 sealer and some sanding, I applied three coats of EM6000 gloss, light sanding between coats.

This replaced a small, four-legged entry type table at the end of the corridor to two of our guest rooms.

DemiT106.JPG DemiT107.JPG DemiT108.JPG DemiT109.JPG

It's nice to have another item completed!

well bill maybe my delume table will get made just because i saw yours.. had been convinced it wasnt a desired piece anymore so had scraped the idea of making one.. simpler than yours though, nice fit and figure for sure on yours.. maybe we can get down your way to see it in person

Thank you for all the great comments, folks!

That’s fantastic Bill, fits the given spot perfectly😁 wasn’t familiar with a demilune till this piece, I like it👍
A demilune is defined as a crescent-shaped table with three or four legs. I wanted to eliminate the legs for the location of this one, so it becomes more of a shelf, I guess.

Very impressive! Curves scare me but it looks like you've got them mastered!
Curves like these scare me a bit, also. I can't tell you how many times I modified my SU drawing, tweaking the curves. After all that, it was a simple matter of setting it up for running on my CNC, although the 'legs' could have been printed as a pattern to cut on a bandsaw.

Nice! Really like the drawer, and the lower shelf. Fits its location perfectly, too.
I debated about a drawer, but I hate to have unused space in a piece, if possible. LOML wanted one, so . . .

well bill maybe my delume table will get made just because i saw yours.. had been convinced it wasnt a desired piece anymore so had scraped the idea of making one.. simpler than yours though, nice fit and figure for sure on yours.. maybe we can get down your way to see it in person
You know you're welcome anytime you're in the area!

That looks beautiful, Bill. I like the continuous figure across the front...and what nice figure it is!
Thanks, Vaughn! Bobbie has wanted me to use this veneer on something since we bought it at a Woodworking Show years ago. It seems to lend itself well to a piece like this. Nice figures are always fun!