Disc Sander Sled version 1 Finds a Home

glenn bradley

I had no idea this poor thing had been getting set down wherever was handy and moved from spot to spot since 2013!?! By all rights it should be severely damaged by now having never had a "place" to go. It is very handy on the disc sander and gets used for all sorts of things.
G0529 Jig Holder (1).jpg
It slides in the miter slot or I use a stop. It has X / Y capability thanks to a couple sections of Rockler Dovetail Bar that I bought several pieces of for a song when Rockler blew this product out in a clearance.
G0529 Jig Holder (2).jpg
G0529 Jig Holder (3).jpg
Anyway, on to the "place" for this fixture . . . I grabbed some plywood scraps. I counter bored and through-holed for screws to mount it. I cut a couple of small pieces with a slight angle to the surface that will corral the fixture. These will act as positioning brackets.
G0529 Jig Holder (4).jpg
I screwed it on through some holes left over from a previous mobility solution. I screw into the structure of the drawer unit I built into the factory base.
G0529 Jig Holder (5).jpg
And this poor thing finally has a home where I hope it will live safely when not in use.
G0529 Jig Holder (6).jpg
I am lucky to have some hang-time to take care of little things like this. Making small modifications or enhancements to our work area and our tools can make the time we spend with them more enjoyable. This fixture is obviously something very specific to me. I hope it inspires others to make small comfort adjustments to their shops so that they can benefit from a work area that fits who you are.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I often get a nudge to take care of something that has been bugging me by reading someone else's thread. Just trying to return the favor.