DJ King Bubba

We tell our audience we'd be glad to play requests. Just write it down on a $100 bill and bring it up to the stage. :thumb:

We had a guy in Angel Fire last year who didn't realize we were joking. He paid us $100 - twice - to play a couple of Pink Floyd songs. :D

I had a blast. Didn't even take a break really. Played music from about 4:30 till 10.

My bandmates jokingly put up a tip bucket and clipped a couple dollars to it. Somehow ended up with 62$, less a few dollars some kids stole, lol.

Those same kids were fascinated with the whole setup and I gave them a run down of how records worked and everything.

There was lots of dancing by adults and kids and the whole thing was quite wholesome and entertaining.

Apparently it's going to be a yearly event, so looks like I need to plan for next year.

My only real mistake was not having enough slow songs picked out. To tell the truth, I just don't have that many in my library, so will have to work on that.

recordparty1.jpg
recordparty2.jpgIDC-3851.jpgIDC-3902.jpgIDC-3906.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see you had a great time! :thumb: Isn't it nice having the best portable stereo in the valley? :headbang:

Your advice on getting those powered speakers was just gold. I can't tell you how much I enjoy having 2 speakers with 1300 watts of power each, lol.

I've used them for our band and as just 'stereo' speakers here in the house. They actually sound pretty great and have some serious bass ability.

And, it is portable, lol. I can tear it down or set it up in about 20 minutes. Plus it's good exercise.

The place is called model farm and was literally a 'model' that they used when they first started to subdivide the valley into 40 acre parcels. There are several barns/buildings on the property with these wood arches. The building is probably 14' tall? I'm really curious as to the process they used to make the arches, not sure if laminated or steam bent or what.

... I'm really curious as to the process they used to make the arches, not sure if laminated or steam bent or what.....
That's what peaked my curiosity. Couldn't really tell from your pictures. Although there weren't any visible lamination lines, steam bending long SPF 2x6? material would seem problematic, so I'm guessing some form of Glulam. It's a nice open space with a lot of character and would make a great small barn, but these days metal skinned pole barns with long span truss roofs seem to be the most economical way to go for farm/shop type buildings. I like this one though.

Looks like a great time. Interesting structure. Gothic arches? Know any history?

Here in Indiana any barn with that shape was laminated beams. If the farmer put up higher moisture hay consistently, the barns have all fallen down due to beam failures. Presumed due to moisture from inside the barn or higher heat temps in the barn. Think of arches found in many old churches.

I do like the sign above you Brent, very fitting. ;)

How did you see that? I went back to that picture two or three times and then finally enlarged it to see what you were talking about!

Never been to a dance where I could take my dog (no suggestions to the dates I took to HS dances). Looks like a great time was had by all!!!!!! Hi Sharon!! :wave: :wave:

The place is primarily a dog kennel (the small dogs get to go sleep inside the house at night). We got to know Julie, the owner, because we board our dogs there. She since has expanded it to be an events center for weddings, open houses, community events, etc.

Read the history. It used to be a small zoo out in the middle of nowhere (including tigers). A very lovely pond in the middle of the desert. Just fun when she hosts community events a couple of times a year. I think she was auditioning Brent to be a potential DJ person and future weddings :rofl: :rofl: