Down Draft Table for Sanding Dust

The Oklahoma state capitol building is undergoing a major renovation, including the stained glass. From what I understand, he's working on these panels, or something very similar. I'll ask him to send some pics. (Images from the web)
View attachment 109607,
View attachment 109608
I've been in there. Beautiful capitol building. Surprisingly, it was right after the Murrah building bombing on a Sunday. Place completely open and deserted. We roamed anywhere we wanted.

Update for today. We gave up on the downdraft idea and decided to experiment with laminar flow over the work surface. Here's the proof of concept dust room we built in a corner of the shop next to the blasting booth using 2" high density foam from Home Depot, some framing lumber and a rusty old fan we found in the shed. Sealed up as tight as we could get it, with exhaust directly outside via the window box and intake air from the shop through a roughly 4"x 48" slot directly over the work surface. Works like a charm.
IMG_1740.JPEG,
IMG_1742.JPEG ,
IMG_1745.JPEG ,
IMG_1746.JPEG

So how's the project coming along?
The laminar flow table works great, but the real work involving the table is yet to come. We are still in the removing and taking apart stage of the renovation. All the remaining stained glass panels in this portion of the project (total of about 300) should be out of the capitol by the end of next week and hauled back to the shop for cleaning and taking apart.

Removal is not an easy process. It involves my son-in-law performing some acrobatics on sketchy cat walks and improvised scaffolding, then hauling the panels by hand a few at a time along the cat walks and 20' down an old metal spiral staircase before he can get to the freight elevator. This is getting even harder to do with new virus access restrictions put in place requiring temperature checks twice a day for all contractors and employees entering the building.

Back at the shop, power washing cleans the dust and grime from the glass and removes 95% of the old putty, which makes it easier to deconstruct the panels. I think we've deconstructed about fifty so far, which is where we should be on our contract timeline.

Once deconstructed, new glass will be cut to replace broken or damaged pieces, new lead and zinc will be cut and soldered in place, and then the piece will get new putty. The piece then will go to the laminar flow table where fine powdered whiting (calcium carbonate) is used to clean off the glass and remove excess putty. We haven't reached that stage yet.