Dresser

More to say...the top is just out of clamps, so not finished. Some test cuts are in order to see what edge profiles are needed/wanted.
After the top is screwed down, I will fit the drawer fronts.

Darren..this time I used the 'attach files' button and all went well. I dont do this often, as you can see. thank you

bill you mentioned just out of clamps you can either piggy back some or do it on your bench with some wedges to get more width.. where are you at i think your in michigan perhaps one of us is close enough to loan you some longer ones..

thanks for the comments
Took a day off, and did some yard work...I prefer to be outside, during nice weather.
Larry..when I mentioned 'just out of clamps' I meant that I had removed the clamps after glue set..your offer of clamps is thoughtful, and kind.
Appreciated.
Re: table router broke (parts on the way), so I got the old 690 out, borrowed some bits, and played with some profiles. Nothing yet.
I did make some top hold downs...dont know what you call them..routed grooves for them. No photo.
later....bill

table top hold downs are easy bill use a biscuit jointer to make the slots and use the metal z clips or use the figure 8"s they just need a forstner bit to work well

Almost done...waiting for Rockler to send my drawer glides. Once those are installed, successfully I hope, it'll be done. Oh, back panel too.DSC_0004.JPGDSC_0005.JPGDSC_0006.JPG

Nice!

You failed to mention the continuous grain on the drawers and the bookmatched sides :) The left side is definitely the "show" side imho, that one panel has some awesome flame character. The edge detailing on the top also works pretty nicely to give it a bit of visual lift.

Thanks for all the kind comments...they are appreciated. Yes, drawer fronts were cut from single boards, something that I try to do always.
The top is held on with shop made...??...name of them, I do not recall. Picture will show them. The 1/4 x 1/4 tab is in a slot that is routed in ten locations, around the perimeter.
Edge profile was table routed, using a moulding bit. Only center portion of the bit was exposed to the top. Top is 21'x50", so set-up took a bit of time. Table has maybe 15" of surface in front of the bit, so a sawhorse and various pieces were used. All in all, it went smoothly. :)

Attachments

• DSCN1165.JPG
    DSCN1165.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN1164.JPG
    DSCN1164.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 13