Eggs Alaska

Brett Luna

I’m the designated Sunday breakfast cook at the house in Peters Creek. It seems like it’s been forever since we’ve had it, so I made eggs Benedict for us this morning, with potatoes. Dona got my boring old home made Canadian bacon, I had my smoked Copper River red salmon. I should go to the hospital to have my arteries scraped out...or maybe Roto-Rooter.

fa3f3af62173f1ac71da7547d610c63c.jpg

Looks great, Brett. :thumb: I'd have to pass on the chives and any onion-type additions, but the meal looks delish. Now all it needs is a nice chilled glass of orange juice made from fresh (albeit very rare) Alaskan oranges. :D

Thanks, everyone!

Love the smoke Canadian bacon.

We do too, so I try to keep it on hand at all times. We haven't bought any to speak of from a store since I started making my own some years ago:

p1166689820-3.jpg

A whole pork loin yields about 18-22 commercial-equivalent packages of standard slices but we mix it up with thick slice, chunk, etc.:

p977937369-3.jpg

T....We haven't bought any to speak of from a store since I started making my own some years ago....QUOTE]

OK You know you can't just tease us like that. I have fond memories of Canadian bacon, specifically peameal bacon. Care to share your method/recipe?

Last edited:
T....We haven't bought any to speak of from a store since I started making my own some years ago....QUOTE]

OK You know you can't just tease us like that. I have fond memories of Canadian bacon, specifically pea meal bacon. Care to share your method/recipe?

Now there's one I've never heard of before..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peameal_bacon

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/peameal-bacon-368929

Who says you can't learn something new everyday.

My “Canadian” bacon is the US style. I’d like to try my hand at pea meal or “back bacon” as some of our Canadian friends call it.

It’s a process, so I posted my version in a separate thread.