Electric hoist for Shop ....help!

I've got a couple of little 1 ton manual chain hoists I got from HF years ago. They have come in darn handy many times. I've also got a little atv winch sized one and a Big ole Son of a gun on my trailer.

All I can say is that whatever you get, your back will thank you.

I have no comments on that particular hoist, but at that price point seems like Canadian Tire or HF would have similar items that you might be able to go take a look at. It has a pretty decent set of reviews on amazon, and amazon usually has pretty good return policy?

I have had 2 of the HF 440 models. Left one behind at a shop and still have another. Would buy another in heartbeat if I had there need.

And, yes, your back will thank you.

Hi Rob, I just installed one in my shop. Great for lifting my zero turn to get the blades off. Did mine for under 100.00. I got a winch from HF, 2500 lb lift capacity They have larger ones if you need. The winch was 49.00 with a coupon. It's 12v so I got a 12v battery with a trickle charger and put it upstairs over the winch. The winch is remote control using a fob. One of the best things I did in my shop, it works great. Good luck..

I use the HF 110 volt model for lifting steel in my shop. I have it on an I-beam trolley hanging from a travelling I-beam system that I made. I can pick up a half sheet of 3/4" steel and roll it over onto the table, no problem. As others have mentioned, this one looks a lot like the HF hoists.

I have the 440/880lb hoist from Princess Auto hung from a 12' barn door track. I use it for stuffing things onto the mezzanine. Had the 520lb+ K75s up there for a while ...

I have a 1/2 ton chain hoist I use for lawnmower maintenance and lifting deer for butchering and other uses. Not near my shop. Unless used frequently, the chain hoists work great. Harbor Freight best place to shop for these.

Thank you all for input I am surprised that these hoists work given their price.

Will look into the ones at Princess Auto thanks Ed and i will check comparison with ebay and Hf.
Looks like there is one on ebay with electric trolley and remote.

I have to consider how to install maybe i will hold off till we settle in our own place.

I have a 40:1 worm drive manual hoist mounted just inside the barn door to lift the hay elevator up into the overhead, among other things. I got tired of cranking it so I jammed two nuts on the handle shaft and a half inch corded drill now supplies the power. A jib crane mounted up in the loft is on the to do list. The front end loader is my favourite back saver for outdoor work :D

I have to consider how to install maybe i will hold off till we settle in our own place.

While a trolley would be best, I've made do bracing a 4x4 against the existing ceiling with a couple of 4x4's veritically to support that. It all depends on how heavy of a something something you need to lift.

I was in our local Harbor Freight yesterday and saw they are having a promotion on winches. Their 2500 lb. model is well under $100.00 and has a remote wireless control. Can't go wrong.

Hey Rob, another easy method of saving your back is to make use of your son's back.

Paul thats just real funny. I would still waiting if i relied on him.
Strangely he will spend hours pushing steel at the gym but his old man needs to book an appointment which never gets to come to fruition.

Nah i rather stay self reliant as long as humanly possible. But thanks for the suggestion ;)