everybody TALKS about the weather but nobody DOES anything about it

I'm not sure how he gauges the amount of rain other than his experience. He'll comment that we got an 1.25" of rain, and I'll compare to what the acurite says and he's always dead on. :huh: :dunno:
collection_area = area_of_roof + area_of_tank

rain_amount = depth_of_tank / (collection_area/area_of_tank)

Once you've calibrated the tank to a couple of rains it's all proportional and given the large collection area it would be super accurate.

Don how about just getting a Navajo weather station.... get a rock, tie a string to it and hand from a cross bar, it the rock is wet, it's raining, if it's swing back and forth, the wind is blowing and if it's white, it's snowing. :D:cool:
We have similar ones here, but it is a tile with a donkey on it an its tail is made out of lanyard. If. The tail is dry : good weather, if it is wet: rain, if t is frozen: snow, if can’t be see: fog, if it mooves: wind and if it falls : eartquake!2B0FBA21-9D65-4126-AB90-E649448DB2A6.png

This discussion of weather stations seemed to spark the idea I needed one. For what ever reason all of a sudden I have all sorts of advertisements for weather stations as side bars I did not do any search for them they just showed up. This forum is the only place that has had this topic. Go figure.
David
Yeah, sad, browsers are tracking you, we don’t have any ads on the site.

Edit: let me help you get back on track: woodworking, cutting boards, sawstop, bbq.