Extensions from Sketchucation

Dave Richards

I guess I should have posted this awhile back. Or maybe I did but disremember. Anyway, install the Sketchucation Extension Store tool and use it to search for and install extensions that are hosted on Sketchucation. After it is installed you should have a toolbar with red, blue, and gray cubes.
Screenshot - 2_13_2020 , 7_52_58 AM.png
Clicking on the red one will open a window showing a list of extensions. Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom to search or just grab you some random ones if you want. If you have extensions you installed with the Extension Store tool previously and there are updates available, that will be indicated next to the gear icon at the top left. I'll leave you to poke around the other tools on the bar but if you have questions, just ask.

There are also some tools accessed through the Extensions/Plugins menu. One of them will show you the keyboard shortcuts assigned to the various tools. This could be handy if you want to see them all in one place.
Screenshot - 2_13_2020 , 7_58_51 AM.png

You're quite welcome guys.

Darren, the Sketchucation tool will work in SU2017, 2018 and going forward. I believe it will still work at least back to SU2014, actually.

For those who update to a newer version of SketchUp when it is released, this should be the first extension you install after installing the new SU version. Then, any extensions that you installed using it previously will be held as a "bundle" which can be installed automatically. I have bundles for every version going back to SU2014 and for every computer I've used SketchUp on.

FWIW, Fredo6 just a few minutes ago released an update to his LibFredo6 which is a set of required files used by many of his extensions. Opening the SketchUcation Extension Store tool shows there's an extension with an update.
Screenshot - 2_13_2020 , 1_07_06 PM.png

Clicking the red bell button goes to the Updates page and shows the extension needing updating.
Screenshot - 2_13_2020 , 1_09_24 PM.png

Once the update is complete:
Screenshot - 2_13_2020 , 1_09_53 PM.png

Well usually these updates don't come all that often. Maybe you check once a week or once a month. I posted about that update when I did because it had just come in. Since I had posted in the Sketchucation forum thread regarding the extension, I get e-mails when Fredo6 announces updates to his extensions. I check for updates to extensions every few days but then I'm using SketchUp every day and often those updates are good to know about when I'm teaching others.