Fabric Hutch in the works (Was Dry Bar in the works)

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Your drawing shows the drawer/door sides as 90* straight, but when I look at your photos they look like the straight parts are on the cabinet's outside frame and the drawer and door edges look splayed outward from the bottom up. :huh: At least when viewed from the front.

That's a handsome piece Tom, well done! Like the overall look and especially the brackets. Odd, your problem with the stain.
Don't think you might be guilty of any of the following, but I speak from personal experience. :doh: I've had similar issues when I sanded to a higher grit or forgot to continuously stir the stain to keep the pigments suspended. When you figure it out let us know!

Thanks guys👍 The more I think about it, I think I rushed the second coat of stain, didn’t let it sit long enough. I know I only went to 150 grit (or at least pretty sure🤔), only used 180 grit on the plywood panels. Oh well, I will let Joy make the final decision when I get it upstairs into her sewing room👍