Fastcap Ballistic Shop Aprons

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Got an ad in my email today for these aprons from Fastcap:

https://www.fastcap.com/product/bal...il&utm_term=0_8c1f8244f9-754365d679-412267021

Fastcap has several different sizes/styles, and it looks like they are pretty well designed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7MBDJKqRTs

Also, according to the email, if you use the discount code BALLISTIC18 at checkout, you'll get $10 off. (Offer expires 9/3/2018.)

I don't have one, but I've been happy with the stuff I've gotten from Fastcap. Just figured I'd pass this info along.

Hmm, they look pretty well made and I do like the shoulder theory. But I'm going to have to say I'm not buying the velcro pockets.. my limited experiences with velcro in the shop were pretty much "it clogged and then it didn't work" so I'm thinking in my shop those would work for about a week.

You may have a point, Ryan. It probably depends on the type of Velcro they use. I have Velcro cable ties on most of my music gear cables, and have seen some of that hold up and stay sticky for years, and other types (cough - Harbor Freight - cough) that lose their grip pretty quickly.

I have the same reservations about the Velcro pocket dumps. I've had Velcro go bad on outdoor gear after a season or two while others lasted for years. So, I think it's all down to type.

Since they didn't illustrate it with photos, I had to check the video to see how the shoulder straps worked. I have the same arrangement on my Lee Valley apron, which I really like and don't see a need to replace.

Excuse my ignorance but why are they called “ballistic”? at first I thought that they were made for shooting until I watched the video:huh:

Excuse my ignorance but why are they called “ballistic”? at first I thought that they were made for shooting until I watched the video:huh:

"Ballistic" has become a popular term to describe tough nylon fabric, similar to what is used in ballistic (bullet proof) clothing. In this case, it's mostly a marketing thing. ;)