Favorite Router Table Lift???

Ha, that's easy, I only have one and it is the only one I ever owned.. It is the JessEm Rout-R-Lift II. In my price range, does the job, wish I had purchased it years ago... Just got it last year. I know if I had had it,,, I would have used my router more... I do not care for the insert rings much.. Before I had an Incra plate with the magnetic inserts... I did like that part better than the JessEm inserts..

I have the Woodpecker version. Likes - Very fast lifting with the sprung override handle, very sturdy, micro adjustment works well - dislikes - micro adjustment seems to have developed a little slack and the way tubes must be kept clean and dry lubed for the micro adjust to be able to lift a heavy router smoothly.

I had a JessEm lift for many years. The only thing I didn't like about it was having to use an offset wrench to change a bit. As part of some shop upgrades a few years ago, I swapped out to an Incra lift that is better, in my opinion. I've been using the PC 3hp motor in it.

Good info.

I do use my router table a fair amount, but not a LOT. It's better than the CNC in a lot of ways, but the CNC does a lot of what I used to do.

I currently have a M12V mounted to a Rouseau plate. REALLY REALLY basic. The M12V stopped working. My guess is that the issue is minor. It may just need brushes.

I bartered a job for an almost new PC 7518. I just figured it is a better router and will me a lot more rigid. May as well upgrade the lift system as well. I want something nice, but my hobby account doesn't have a ton of money in it right now. Looking at the lift systems I may beed to be thinking $350 - $400. OUCH. Will maybe bite the bullet.

I also want a Mavic Drone as well.

I will use the drone more??? I can make the M12V work and do what I have done for many years.

I dunno --- thinking about it. May go check Craigslist.

Ha, that's easy, I only have one and it is the only one I ever owned.. It is the JessEm Rout-R-Lift II. In my price range, does the job, wish I had purchased it years ago... Just got it last year. I know if I had had it,,, I would have used my router more... I do not care for the insert rings much.. Before I had an Incra plate with the magnetic inserts... I did like that part better than the JessEm inserts..

That lift gives a lot bang for the buck but it should be noted that it won't accommodate the PC75182. It's limited to 3½" motor housings. When I built my router table, I bit the bullet and got the Mast-R-Lift II, even though I didn't have the PC75182 yet. I wanted the option of getting one later without needing a new lift. Incra sells their own version of this lift, kitted out with their MagnaLOCK insert plate. They also sell the plate alone so you can retrofit your Jessem flavored Mast-R-Lift, which I did last year.

I'm quite happy with the lift. It's solidly built and operates smoothly. Bit changes don't require offset wrenches. I'm even happier with the Incra plate. You don't need a wrench to change inserts and you can adjust it dead-flush with the plate. If I had it to do over, I'd have started with Incra.

I ordered the Jessem. There are a couple of different models and the one I ordered will fit the 75182 router. At least that is what is stated in the customer reviews.

I will let you know once I receive it.

I was going to order the Incra, but it's a little more money (not such a big deal), and on backorder until after end of June or early July. I hate ordering backorder stuff. The reviews looked good on both. Visually, they look at least REALLY close to same. The design concept is the same. Materials must be same. Jessem is a little cheaper and in stock. Biggest complaint is the inserts. Jessem has more sizes of inserts. Currently I have a Rousseau (?) and if you want to talk about inserts that are horrible - there is NO comparison. I am certain the Jessem system is going to be a dream in comparison. Not known for sure but I think Jessem makes the Incra lift.

So, yeah expensive - ouch, but the bullet has been bit.

Good move! Food for future thought: in case you haven't seen it, here's a link to the Mast-R-Lift II MagnaLOCK Conversion Kit. I upgraded last year and love it.

I see that JessEm has a 10-pc insert set available, whereas Incra offers an 8-pc set. However, Incra's largest insert opening looks bigger so JessEm's kit must offer more graduated sizes. Incra also sells a blank DIY insert and a guide bushing insert. Of course, all of them carry the Incra price premium. I'm still using the five inserts that came with the conversion kit and haven't really found myself wanting for it yet.

Seriously... did not know about that conversion kit.... I still have my Incra plate and inserts... wish there was w reasonable way to convert it... The Incra magnetic inserts were really nice... $130... not too bad.. But I am spent out... buying other important stuff,,, like ammo...

Heh, was checking out folks talking about the Jessem (well was really trying to see what the functional differences are from the Jessem to the $$$ more Incra..)

And found this.. I could see Leo adding a setup like this to his table :)

If starting fresh with no router or lift, I would seriously consider a Triton 3 1/2 hp router, since it's both a router and it's own built-in lift.

I'm contemplating building a new router table and I have decided that this is the way that I'm going.
My new table is also going to have a large hinged top with gas springs, so I don't have to bend over to access the router when I need to, and it will lift/tilt easily and stay up until I push it back down. With two metal knees I no longer bend down very low without considerable discomfort. I want to be able to lift/tilt the top up to about 45 deg and have it stay there while I work on the router, yet I can still reach the bit area above the table top too. When finished, I'll just need to push the top back down and latch it to begin routing. The Triton routers have above-the-table adjustment capability and a fully up adjustment locks the shaft, so bit changes can be done with just one wrench from above the table. If I go with a Milwaukee 3+ hp router I will still need to purchase a lift. I like the Woodpeckers PRL2, but the combined price is now nearing $1,000. I think I can do better going with the Triton and no lift needed for much less money @ about $260.

Charley