Festool CS, you could've knocked me over with a feather.

fred hargis

I only have 3 Festool tools, and only one was bought new. I have soem problems with the way the control prices. Anyway, one of my used tools is a Domino, the 700 model (big one). A week ago Sunday I was cutting mortises with it and on the 6th one the bit/oscillations slowed down considerably, then the thing kind of "pulsed", the bit would speed up, then slow. I kept looking things over, switched power cords, checked my electric, etc. and couldn't find anything. Time for service. there are no after market service providers than I could find within 100 miles, so I focused on the factory service option. After searching I found some absolute horror stories over at FOG (not a member there, just found these with my search). Things like contrary communications, unauthorized charges to credit cards, and repair bills that rival the original cost of the tools. Regardless it was my only choice. So I went on line and requested a service quote. What you get when you do this (or, what i got when I did it) was a service repair order and a UPS label. I was clear stating this wasn't a warranty repair as I had bought the joiner second, but unused. I figured the UPS charge would be added to the finial repair bill, so i didn't want to send the whole thing back (very large tool box weighing about 19#) s they requested. I just pulled the powerhead from the joiner and packed it and the cord into a box and shipped it off. My instructions were to provide an estimate for repair, thinking I was on the hook for shipping and diagnosis if I opted out. I sent it off last Wed. to the repair center in Indianpolis (150 miles away) they got it last Thursday. Today that motor arrived on my porch, with a tag that read it had been restored to full service. The indication was that it needed motor parts citing electrical problems and I was good to go. No bill, no estimate, just my motor, and it works like it did when I bought it. I mentioned above I told them it was second hand and this wasn't a warranty claim...but I guess the took the responsibility for the problem as their own. So color me shocked...and quite happy. I've seldom seen service executed this quick. Of course, tomorrow I may get a bill from them for $850, but I'll post back with a complaint when and if that happens. Right now I'm pleased as punch.

Last edited: