Fighting boredom during isolation.

John Pollman

Fighting boredom during isolation.

I decided to build a grooming table for Georgia. She needs to be groomed daily. It's too hard for me to get down on the floor to do it. So I made a grooming table with folding legs so it's easy to put away and store when not in use. Now I can sit in a chair while I groom her and trim her nails.

I got together some material and got to work. No plans or drawings. I just kind of engineered it on the fly and I think it came out pretty well. It's nice and stable. I needed some way to lock the legs in position, so I designed and printed a way to do that too.

GT3.jpg

GT2.jpg

GT1.jpg

Looks nice and functional, John. Georgia looks like a sweetheart, too. :thumb:

Seeing the blankets on the couch, do you let her on your couch, or does she let you on her couch? Our dog doesn't mind sharing his couch with us, lol.

We share the couch with no problems Vaughn. LOL

I guess I never announced it here. Georgia is my new service dog! She is an absolute sweetheart. I got her on Valentine's Day after spending two weeks in Columbus, OH for my handler training and certification. We are now a certified service team. It's only been a little over a month, but she has changed my life already!

Georgia 18.jpg

That looks like a pretty sweet table, I could see that basic design being adapted to all sorts of uses!

If your pup is like ours were she might just want you to have it out all the time :) I made ours ones with a webbed top to they'd have something to either sit on top of or hide under when they were boarding out. They ended up kind of wanting to just live on top of them :)

Having a helpful pup like that has to be both a huge help and a great emotional support. Really awesome that you were able to get her!

She is a beauty, John. This is my Lab, not a service dog, but I truly think he could have been. He has the intelligence and personality for it. He is my best friend and he keeps me sane through these trying times. His name is Ali, which we are told is Chinese for Sparky. Who would name a Lab "Sparky". He is Ali. We got him from a very nice young Chinese, couple that have two young boys. They had to give him up because Mom and the youngest son were very allergic to him. We have become good friends with the family and they come to visit once and a while. My wife and the mother keep in touch via text and she just texts my wife often just to see if we are doing okay and if we need any thing. I think we have become their surrogate grandparents.. They are from China, been American citizens for 11 years. Get this the boy's names are Walter and Forrest! How Chinese is that?

Nice table for sure.

Attachments

• Ali.jpg
    Ali.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 5
I have one of those "velcro" dogs... he's a Silky Terrier that was supposed to be a Yorkie, but is 2-3 times the size of most little Yorkies... he was also supposed to be the wife's dog, but she got very ill shortly after we got him and he was stuck with me for about 5 months.... he bonded with me and now where ever I go, he's right behind me... just walking across the house his nose is usually "velcro-ed" to my leg.