Finally finished something!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
The pantorouter needed dust collection. Didn't want to buy another shop vac. And of course, space is at a premium. Had a Buckethead which has a lot of suction, which the pantorouter requires. But that bucket would fill in a nano second. So I needed a separator and didn't want to spend for another Dust Deputy. Found something called a Dustopper online at Home Depot. Snaps on a bucket. $40. The plus is it is only 4 inches high!

Here is the set up, with a few hiccups along the way.

dust collection.jpg

Sucks but I haven't tried it on the pantorouter yet. The concept is simple. It is a type of Thein separator. It needed a foam seal it doesn't come with. The other hiccups were matching inlets, outlets, hoses, etc. The shelf has two holes for the buckets. The orange hose is 10'. A rubber plumbing connector was the best connection. I can pull on these without disconnecting everything. The two-holer shelf keeps things put as well.

Simple solution. Not expensive. Works, just haven't tried on that one tool yet.

Looks like a good use of space. I'd not heard of the Dustopper. I'll have to look them up. I've used those flexible rubber plumbing couplings for various vacuum connections. They're adjustable, seal great, and don't break.

I had not heard of Duststopper, either. Might have an application for one! Looks like a nice setup, Carol. :thumb:

I especially like your color coordination with the orange and blue. Equal time, eh?

I especially like your color coordination with the orange and blue. Equal time, eh?

I had the buckets and hose already. The Dustopper is of course orange!

But a note on the buckets. Th instructions allude to any 5 gallon plastic bucket would work. Not! When I first snapped the Dustopper on, it was a very loose fit. No, suction did not deal anything. Off to read reviews. Aha! Recommended the Homer bucket and/or foam sealing tape. So, off to get both. Turns out the orange bucket has a larger diameter that the blue buckets. Didn't fit my two-holer shelf. Knew the sealing tape was a good idea, I applied it to the Dustopper and then snapped it back in the blue bucket. Success! Homer bucket goes back.

As stated earlier, what I like best is that it is not a skyscraper set up as is my Dust Deputy. And it is less money, but only available on-line.