Finally organized my small clamps.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
At one time, I had built a little 'tower' for storing tools in and on. I had never done a very good job with storing my clamps, and had them scattered on the back, left, and right sides.

Well, as fate would have it, I had to run a new 220 line for the new cnc, and that meant I had to dig out the pile of stuff that was blocking my access to the sub panel and the garage door. The tower was also in the way. So I pulled all the clamps off the tower and decided to organize the clamps on just the 2 sides of it, as the back side will probably always be inaccessible.

This ought to work fo a while now. Most are just simple blocks the clamps get clamped on to. Some are going to need some improvement, but at least I'm going to be able to get to them and not just throw them in a pile.

1681502946608.png1681502955685.png

I have a limited number of smaller clamps... maybe half a dozen each size... being my father's son, I like things overhead, so on the rafters of my shop I put a bar that I can hook the clamps to, and they hang right over where I work most of the time... I do have one batch that will tick the top of my head if I'm wearing the face shield, but otherwise will clear my head by an inch or so if not. The long clamps are at the other end of the shop hanging on the wood racks.

My father was about 6'2" or so and always wore a hat... he looked for his hat before he put on his pants... if something overhead touch his hat, he raised it 6 inches or so... when they were young my poor mom could not reach the nest boxes in the barn... she was only 5'2" and they were high enough to clear his hat.