Fire Safety Reminder

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
15,799
Location
Reno NV
Apparently someone in Reno managed to burn down their house due to oily rags

https://www.washoecounty.us/outreach/2016/08/2016-08-05-oil-rag-fire.php


Just a reminder that it can happen, and that oily rags used from finishing, especially from things like Boiled Linseed Oil and the like should be disposed of properly in a metal trash can.

I picked up one just about like this a long time ago. Pretty cheap insurance.



41kyWJ2RXyL._AC_US160_.jpg
 

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
19,002
Location
Springfield, Missouri
Yup, good reminder. I actually hear about it all the time from my wife with clients that have fire claims due to painters leaving them laying around.

Probably a good time to thump the bottom of your extinguishers and shake them up to knock the settled compound loose again. Oh, and change your smoke alarm batteries.
 
Last edited:
Top