Flower Planter Box

Tom Baugues

I recently had a new section of driveway poured and we had to remove some plants that set up near the house. So, I decided to build a couple of flower planter boxes that can now sit on top of the concrete in that same area. I set out with a general picture in my head of what I wanted to build. I sketched it out on paper, went to Menards and bought some treated 2x4's for the main structure then some 1x4 cedar to cover it all. Day one of construction I was ripping the 2x4's when my table saw stopped running and the motor fried. So, I had to resort to using a hand held jig saw to finish this project. I got the first box finished tonight. This box is about 36" long and 20" high and 15" wide. I'll start on the second box tomorrow. I'm not much of a craftsman but I think it will serve it's purpose.
Can anyone suggest what kind of clear finish I should put on this to help the cedar wood standout?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Definitely can't let LOML see these; my to-do list is already long enough :D. Those look great. Really nice look and placement.