Foley Saw filer for sale.

Garry Foster

I have a Folley auto saw filer I bought several years ago when things were looking dismal at work. Determined to never go to work for anyone other than myself of the job did fall through I bought several various pieces as insurance. One of these was an old but I don't think Foley auto saw filer with band saw blade attachments. I have never used it and with the down sizing move to Ohio I think I will get rid of it. I was wondering if there is any restraint in it at all here on the site. The rubber drive wheel did rot off an even though i wasn't using it I replaced it last year while they were still available. I can post pictures and actual model if any interest here. Other wise i will try Craig list and Lancaster farming..

The item is located in Willow Street, Pa just outside of Lancaster, Pa.
I also could bring to the Akron Ohio area or anyplace near there..

Garry

Stuart Ablett

Looks like a fine piece of machinery, but is there even a market for sharpening saws anymore?

I hope you can sell it to someone who can use it.

Cheers!

Garry Foster

Foley Bellsaw 387 for sale now with pictures.

Here is more detail on the Saw Filer I have. It is a Foley Belsaw Model 387. Comes with several chucks for files, some files, a new rubber drive wheel and as far as I know is ccomplete.

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

Located in Lancaster, Pa..
Could be in Akron, Ohio area in a few months..

Fun to play with.. Asking 250.

Here is a video of one is action....Mine is cleaner than that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShdOO8vaiw

Garry

Last edited:

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
If you were closer.. or I actually needed it...

You might try reaching out to some of the custom saw filers/makers, I know there is at least one in the Ohio region. Some of them are big on hand filing but I'd be surprised if no one was interested.

Jim Niemi

I Just picked up a 387 filer, 385000 retoother, 52 power setter and a 359 Trip Hammer Setter For Circular Saws. I need to find the jigs for the hand saws and would like to find some files. Any clue where I could find those? Steel saws are new to me for the sharpening aspect. I am used to Vollmer CNC (CP200, CHP-025) for carbide Blades. This is going to be an learning experience. They seem to be a EASY machine to set up and file with. I had my 387 going in less than 15 min with no prior knowledge on that machine.

Douglas Bailey

I have a Folley auto saw filer I bought several years ago when things were looking dismal at work. Determined to never go to work for anyone other than myself of the job did fall through I bought several various pieces as insurance. One of these was an old but I don't think Foley auto saw filer with band saw blade attachments. I have never used it and with the down sizing move to Ohio I think I will get rid of it. I was wondering if there is any restraint in it at all here on the site. The rubber drive wheel did rot off an even though i wasn't using it I replaced it last year while they were still available. I can post pictures and actual model if any interest here. Other wise i will try Craig list and Lancaster farming..

The item is located in Willow Street, Pa just outside of Lancaster, Pa.
I also could bring to the Akron Ohio area or anyplace near there..

Garry
I am interested in buying it Doug Bailey in Seneca Ks.