Following Directions Twice

larry merlau

Well got one of my Bucket List things done before the air runs out.. had this on the list for years, and with everything going on the last couple years figured i better get to it.
DISCLAIMER: i have the wood magazine, and made these with there directions, wasn't sure i could read and follow directions at my age. Had one copyright issue that was cleared up, so these are NOT my idea and are NOT being sold. they are V Day gift's to my 2 grand daughters.
Quilted maple with Jatoba accent pieces from Jimmy Neimi. Water Base CV from Target finishes.

Attachments

• 2 open A.jpg
    2 open A.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 26
  • A front.jpg
    A front.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 24
  • A side.jpg
    A side.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 24
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 24
  • twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 26
No, they look much better than great! I really like design. Looks like you really nailed the proportions. And the execution is exquisite!

But what is with the DISCLAIMER? Expecting rocks being thrown your way?:ROFLMAO:

Now, that is impressive. Love the wood choice and, as others have said, flawless execution. It also warms my heart to see you have been busy in the shop. Well done my friend, well done.

Well Larry, you just left me speechless. Those are lovely, and the wood combination is great! I like mixing woods but there is always the danger of colours weighing more than others in proportion but those are really balanced. I've noticed the hinges, are they Brusso ones?

Copyright issue? I thought that anything that is published on a ww magazine is free to be made by the readers isn't it?

Toni, yes on Brusso hinges. I have learned that you dont go cheap on hardware on something you want to last. i saw the article on these many years ago and stashed it away.. thanks for the comments but others here deserve the credit for some of this ,, the knowledge shared amongst us has gotten me to where i am today in skill sets. this group can accomplish anything they set out to do. the disclaimer is there for clarification of previous posts and info given.

Last edited: