Four Day week end doing anything special

Don Baer

Staff member
For some out there it will be a long weekend so I figured I would start the week end thread a little early. Were not doing anything special LOML not really up to cooking due to the effect of her Chemo, I'll cook cornish hens on the grill for our thanksgiving dinner. I will spend some time tomorrow and Sunday in the Shop but I will work Friday and Saturday due to Open enrollment ending soon for Medicare. I plan to finish the Christmas sign up and CNC a Christmas star for the outdoor decoration so what on your agenda ?

For tomorrow it's smoked ham. Friday have to go into the VA for a new large back brace. The one I have the velcro is wearing out. The weekend is shop time as much as the weather allows. Rain here and there. But, this afternoon gonna try and get a photo or two of the baby rat snakes after some shop time and burning off scrap stuff.

I picked up a brisket and my wife's company gave us a turkey, so planning to smoke those tomorrow. I've got the brisket rubbed down and the turkey in a brine. The kids are planning to come over Friday or Saturday. I've got a couple of pc's I'm upgrading spinny drives to SSD's. One is on the old photo booth, to try to bring some life back into it. I also have a PA speaker stand/mount that I'm planning to install on it to make it a bit more portable. I don't think I've had it out since our grandson was a baby, so going to let them play with it this weekend, hope to get some great pics of each and together. I still have some painting and assembly on the motorcycle rocker for my nephew to complete also.

Only Jan and I but turkey none the less. Big meal tomorrow and very little shop time, if any. Back at it for the entire weekend beginning Friday. Deadline! Got to get the map chest done!

Just LOML and me for Thanksgiving. She's not fond of turkey, so I'll be making a pot of matzo ball soup. Also have some bratwurst that I'll grill up sometime this weekend.

Been putting the finishing touches on my bathroom remodel. Waiting on the toilet and accessories to get delivered.

Powering through a marathon of all the marvel MCU movies, turkey day we'll switch over to the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Doing a full thanksgiving dinner for Sharon and me with a small turkey, upscaled green bean casserole, my grandmas stewed tomatoes, stuffing, taters, and gravy.

Working on a pumpkin pie right now.

Band practice tonight where I'm installing a dart board in our bands clubhouse. So, Keeping busy, but not out of trouble.

With the upcoming surgery I'm under quarantine. Son & DIL are going to drop off smoked turkey dinner on the porch this afternoon, really going to miss seeing the grandkids. Going to try and turn a couple more pieces then clean up and shut down the shop. You all have a great turkey day whatever your circumstances.

We're (actually meaning me) are going to do the whole 9 yards... Dianne wants the left overs... bought a 11 pound bird that we'll roast... what isn't eaten today will make turkey enchiladas, turkey sandwiches, turkey this and turkey that... need to go do breakfast pretty quick and then get started.
Saturday we're having an open house at the museum market place.... director of museum wants most of the vendors to man their booths for a period, so guess I'll give them a couple of hours.