Free SKETCHUP 6 Not Pro

Dave Richards

I haven't looked at the website for it but evidently Google have released an update of the not pro version of SU6. I suppose it'll have the same limitations as previous versions did with SU5Pro.

Last edited:
I am having a hard time finding it on their website, I know it right in front of me but I just don't see it.

I tried using the "check for updates" in the SU menu but it said it can't obtain the latest version or something like that.

Downloading it now. Thanks for the heads-up, guys. My SU skills are still pretty elementary, but I was thanking Dave and his various tutorials last night as I was playing around with shop layout ideas.

Glad you got it going Vaughn.

FWIW, the template I posted as a sticky still works in SU6 so if you want my Woodworking template, you can use that.

One word of caution to folks who have been using Ruby scripts in their Plugins folder in a previous version of SU. DO NOT COPY THE ENTIRE FOLDER TO SU6! Only copy the scripts you'll use. DO NOT COPY sketchup.rb or langhandler.rb.

Thanks for the link, I downloaded it and will use it soon to see how it works and see whats different. Put my toolbars back up on the top since I was use to it that way, just wanted it to match SU5.