Friday 11Jun2021

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Got our lawn mowed on Thursday, as is my normal routine. Timing turned out good - rain started a few minutes after I finished! We've very dry for a few weeks - started getting rain last Sunday and now up to 2.88" for the week.

Bobbie and I will make our usual drive to Boston for shrimp and catfish for lunch today!!!

Saturday will be a shop day with more work on my storage/display cabinet.

Sunday should be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out the remainder of the day.

Catch up, mostly. Still behind because of the computer replacement. We had several days with rain this week so a lawn mowing is in the offing as well.

Clear and sunny now. Supposed to be that way until Tuesday. Gonna be in the 90's with around 60% humidity. Shop time today until I can't stand the humidity. Same as all weekend.

Not much here due to the heat (hey it summer and I live in Arizona). I am going to a Gun show tomorrow which is indoors but not planning on buying a gun just looking for some higher capacity magazine for two of my riffles and of course ammo. Sunday will be church. I might fie up the CNC I have a puzzle wine rack I have designed that I want to cut out or I might do that today or I might put that off till next week. The thing about being retired is you really don't need to keep much of a schedule.

Garage clean up and putting away tools where they belong. In between rain storms I'll be fabbing up a new bird net cage for our black and raspberries. The old one gave us good service, but we've outgrown it and need a bigger, sturdier structure and netting.

Need to mow the front lawn, but rain is imminent (according to my weather predicting wife).. may wait till tomorrow or Sunday.
Probably will have to to monthly grocery run tomorrow though. Which means will probably doe lawn on Sunday.

Spent most of the morning at the vet's with the inside dog... he's got skin allergies, Monday or Tuesday will have to go back to Kia dealer to have the ABS system fixed on my Soul.... they had to order parts and should be here then.

Gearing up for a band gig tonight...our first time back at the Dragonhorn since May 2020, and the first gig we've played at all in about a year. To make it a bit more interesting, we've got a new member on guitar and vocals. It will either be an awesome show or a trainwreck of epic proportions. Either way, it'll be fun. :D

And on the subject of "first one in a long time", Saturday is my shooting club's first Range Day in over a year, and this is the first one since I took over the club last summer.

So not only do I have to play a gig Friday night (getting to bed about 2:30 or 3:00 AM), I have to rise and shine Saturday morning to tow the trailer out to the range and supervise a bunch of armed people who are anxious to shoot again, lol.

Sunday I'll be trying to recover from Friday and Saturday, lol.

Just finished mowing. Now to repair the lawn damage the Water Department did when they dug up my service shut-off. Had some drama last week when the meter clogged up with debris and they found out the shut-off didn't work. Ended up going three days with water flow ]under a quart a minute. While it was off, I had a plumber install an inside shutoff before the meter. (Already had one after the meter).

Looks like we have a thunder storm/tornadic weather heading this way in a bit. Luckily did the mowing yesterday. I've got some wall patching to work on this weekend and getting more stuff moved to storage that we plan to keep.

What walls that I do have in my shop so far are plywood, so I can attach anything, anywhere. The rest will likely be sheetrock, someday. All is insulated, but then I had to move in before it was finished, so it has never been finished.

Charley